Reviews for Slanted Rain
les petits bateaux chapter 1 . 1/6/2006
The rhymes were sort of...cute. I didn't know why I said that but they just were. The imagery was very nice indeed.
Hate In The Form Of Passion chapter 1 . 1/2/2006
I like how you can write a poem that would take me 200 words in just a couple of lines. Something that I will never be able to accomplish. You have my praise. And thanks for the review!
Tr APeze-sWiNGer chapter 1 . 12/30/2005
i'm such a sucker for this type of rhyme scheme. i picture a boy and a girl holding hands, walking near a beach. i really like it, but i feel like the first two lines sort of went past me because of how the rest fit together in the ryhme scheme.
Raspberry Twirl chapter 1 . 12/15/2005
wow. that was beautiful! you were able to tell such a long story in eight lines, and still take "photographs" along the way!
Decollage chapter 1 . 12/10/2005
The rhyme scheme is simplistic-amazing, as is the sort of jaunty power with the scant words and so much feeling.

It always astounds me how so few words, manipulated correctly, can mean and feel so much.
di chan forever chapter 1 . 12/7/2005
i like the symbolism here, it's simple, but like most poetry, less is more. well done.

-Di.
kitkat41 chapter 1 . 12/4/2005
Wow, that was interesting. Thanks for your earlier review! I like your poetry. It's very meaningful and deep, and while I don't always understand it, I still like it a lot!

Katie
Gilee7 chapter 1 . 12/3/2005
I just came from reading the poem before this one, the EPIC one that's like 600 or more words, and here we have this one, that's not even 30 I don't think. Quite a change.

I really like this one, too, of course. Nice rhythm and nice imagery and nice ... feeling. I love every line. This is truly a beautiful poem.
BlackDreamLily chapter 1 . 12/2/2005
Heehee! Cutesy! Me likie.
fsk chapter 1 . 11/30/2005
beautiful.
Jurion chapter 1 . 11/28/2005
I liked this one very much. Although I tend to write in every style of poetry, I'm partial to more abstract poems; they let my mind take from it what I can apply to my own life, so in a sense they have infinitely more potential than longer, more descriptive poems. I like how you use parenthesis. I'll have to try that technique... as well as maybe read some published poetry. I normally never read poetry.

I'm interesting enough now to read some more! Oh, and thanks for the review. I love opening my email to see that I've gotten one.

-Jurion
angie3838 chapter 1 . 11/28/2005
Interesting rhyme scheme.

What kind of "locks" are you talking about in the third line though? Locks as in key and lock, or locks of hair?

I like the image the poem finally comes to, "humble/on opposite sides of the dock" is a very powerful image.
sTrive chapter 1 . 11/28/2005
Are you truly faithless? _Either way you roll, you're a lovely writer and your poetry speaks. You might like my poem, Rainy Bliss. It's kinda' like yours, 'cept it's a haiku and probably not as well done. _
account not in use chapter 1 . 11/28/2005
love the rhyming. and adore the picture it presents.
like a lover chapter 1 . 11/27/2005
"baby lets go for a walk;/all we have to do is talk/stay like rocks,/humble/on opposite sides of the dock."

I adore those lines; I could read them over and over again.
38 | Page 1 .. Last Next »