Reviews for The Baby Disease
Kitty chapter 1 . 11/30/2007
Personally, I like this poem.

What a lot of people don't seem to understand is that poetry doesn't always have to be logical or calm. Writing, a lot of times, is about venting, which it seems to me is what you did. I get the impression that you were feeling really bitter at the time and poured out all your anger onto the paper (or on the keyboard, depending on if you handwrote it or typed it first.)

Personally, I can't stand the thought of abortion and I think it's one of the worst things a person can do. The only way I can understand it at all is if the mother was raped. I could never kill my child, though.

The only thing I'd really change is the "It's your fault for having sex..." line. It makes it sound like sex is a horrible thing, when it's really not. What's horrible is that people are so uneducated about the risks and what's even worse is that they're selfish enough to kill a baby when they're the ones screwing up. Killing your own child just because you made a bad choice is something I can't comprehend; I don't see how someone with a heart could do it. So, maybe you can sit down and re-phrase it somehow to get a better point across? It's all your call; that's just my suggestion.

Overall, I enjoyed it.
Saint Black Sheep chapter 1 . 7/7/2007
I know this is old, but I had to comment on it. People think you did reserch, I think the opposit. Fetuses that are as young as they are when they are aborted (if they are) can't think, feel or dream, they can't see either, they are a bunch of cells waiting to become a child. Sure it's going to become a child after a while, and it's heartbreaking that they "kill" that child. BUT I don't think anyone should judge, I'm not pro or con abortion, I would never abort, no matter how young I am, but I have very supportive parents and such. There are teenagers, and young women that have no one, have no money, no future with a baby, can't give it the life it should have, and could have been raped!

Is it better that the child grows up almost on the street, or on it, learning NOT to have dreams? NOT to feel? To have the child abused, raped and assaulted? And if the teenager is alone, not have a propper malemodle in it's life?

I know religon can have alot to say about abortion, but I think that judge someone just because they did a mistake, that I think is morally wrong!

And sure there are rich brats that could support a child, but they're probably not READY for a child. I think you should think yourself in that situation before you judge.

/Rebecca
The Guy Who Wrote It chapter 1 . 7/26/2006
ha ha, you actually get it! thank you, jesus, one person who can read a poem and actually know what is being said rather than draw idiot conclusions.
TwistedFerret chapter 1 . 7/25/2006
ii, nothing prevents an angry poem from being serious and logical as well. I agree with you, though - this is the only poem of the author's that I have really liked so far. I'm 50/50 on the issue of abortion, but I agree with the message that I *think* he is trying to get across - i.e., that many times abortion could just be a selfish decision made by someone who doesn't want to face the consequences of their foolish actions.
Socially-Awkward chapter 1 . 5/4/2006
You really got your point across. Yes the poem is shocking and probably offensive to some people, but i guess most poems offend I'll say about my opinion on abortion is that some people have reasonable motives and some don't, but when it comes down to it its really a choice that you'd have to look deep inside yourself to make. You've got to decide whether its something you can live with or not. I don't think that I could live with that on my concience, but then again I don't exactly have any expirience on the subject...
ii chapter 1 . 5/2/2006
Interesting. I find your poetry too violent for me, but I'm reviewing it anyway. I realize this is old, but it's the only one that really had any meaning to me. The rest are rather...monotonous. (No offense meant.)

Rhyming poetry has an interesting effect on the content. If you're trying to convince people of anything, it seems that rhyming couplets take away from the content, rather than proving its worth.

Your poetry sounds angry rather than logical. That also takes away from the seriousness of the poem. If you're angry, maybe it would be better to calm down before you write a serious poem.

Note that the people who liked the poem agree with your feelings on the matter.

I have a few little comments about the subject. At the age doctors perform an abortion, the fetus or embryo does not have "thoughts, feelings and dreams". Many open-minded pro-life people (unlike you, apparently) believe that abortion is all right in the case of rape or incest. but perhaps you hadn't considered that? And most mothers *do* care that they have aborted their "child".

You have fallen for a few common misconceptions of ignorant closed-minded people. Congratulations!
The Melancholy Cocoa Bean chapter 1 . 4/16/2006
wow...amazing poetry! great issue - something I havn't even sat down and thought about before! Your so right bout it! And I love your style!
Windup Hopping Lederhosen chapter 1 . 3/21/2006
Somebody did their research! YAY! Finally, another educated soul! Incredibly well done, gets the point across. . . thanx for reviewing me, too!
kiri chapter 1 . 11/26/2005
hey, my mums had an abortion!have you ever considered the fact that people might not have enough money to raise a child? have you ever considered what would happen if you got RAPED and got pregnant from it?your idea that abortion is like murder is stupid!baby's that age can't think! they are just a bunch of cells!

think a bit more before you deside against somthing, there is usually a reason that it is there.
Elliroc chapter 1 . 11/22/2005
Harsh, but i agree, abortion is bad.
Tiny Cafe chapter 1 . 11/22/2005
Theres so many anti-abortion poems but i'd have to say this is the best one i've read yet. It does its job in sending its message out in a very menacing way. Good Job!