Reviews for Energy Shadow
John Spangler chapter 1 . 5/12/2016
This is one of the best sci-fi stories I've ever read. Really amazing. The sequel was good, too, it's a shame you didn't continue it. However, if one day you'll decide to do it, I'll be more than willing to read it.
Jirali chapter 87 . 11/20/2013
I can see why it got published! Very great!
1000Nachts chapter 84 . 10/27/2012
Ah hahaha, all things considered, that was totally predictable, particularly my the naming. Fated indeed. Still, had to eliminate him somehow. I've liked this story so far and hope the end is also satisfactory.
1000Nachts chapter 70 . 10/27/2012
You know, I had spotted the relation in the the names Cain and Able a while ago and noted the symbolism, I just didn't know how it would play out. Now that one has been revealed as the Big Bad, at least, supposedly, I can tell how this is supposed to go down a little better.
mathnerd3141 chapter 87 . 5/1/2012
Nice! [But unfortunately I don't have a Kindle device D:]

Also, Googling "energy shadow" brings up many sites with your story available for free on it. Which could be a good thing or a bad thing.

I just finished reading the whole thing, by the way. It's really a magnificent piece - complete with cliffhanger ending - with just a few things here and there that could be fixed.

Get Bladewarriors published too! With a bit more polishing, you could start it in print! I'd love to be an editor for it. Though my hours are packed enough as it is.

-MathNerd3141
Van Quatra chapter 86 . 10/13/2011
wow just wow i very much enjoyed myself. excellent job keep up the awesome work.
Joren chapter 12 . 7/16/2011
On chapter 12 now. But so far it's an amazingly well written story. You can feel the mystery, it's all so captivating that I have trouble sleeping :) This is my first review but certainly not my first fictionpress/fanfiction and all I can say is that this is at my absolute top. I hope it keeps this level of writing. Maybe the only minus is that there are some minor typing mistakes but I haven't found a story without them.
Ghosstess chapter 86 . 5/22/2011
So, I'm new to the whole concept of reviews on this site... New to this site, but considering I really wanted to comment on the whole story, I figured reviewing the last chapter would work...

I absolutely LOVED this story. And if it gets published, I will buy it without a second thought. Anyway... I really liked how the story tied together. I mean, the first few chapters seemed to be about completely different people, unrelated circumstances. When they started meeting, and the story started tying itself together until everyone was involved with each other, I loved it. I find that sort of thing so rarely, a lot of stories I end up reading are in your face from the beginning.

I'm also kind of bummed Able turned out to be a bad guy. I kind of liked him... He and Adam worked well together, its a shame Able was behind the whole thing. And I honestly expected The Shadow to be someone familiar, a person that had maybe just shown up once or twice in the past. But I've always been bad at predicting the end of stories...

Speaking of the end, it was incredible. You're really good at writing action scenes, and the fights between characters just pulled me in. It was easy to imagine the fights as if I was was right there witnessing them. I was surprised that the ending was quite layed back, everyone leaving the site. Well, expcept Langley, but I didn't like him anyway. I expected a cliffhanger to be honest, even if it was just a paragraph suggesting that Able was alive or something. But it was a nice ending. I enjoyed it.

So, I'm not good at this whole reviewing thing... But I really enjoyed the whole story, and its probably something I'll read again, because its just enjoyable. Even knowing what happens, I know that its something a reader can enjoy time and time again. Thank you, for writing this and sharing it with us. I loved it.

You are an extremely talented writer.
spenny chapter 49 . 9/28/2009
jeez. Nick was cool until this chapter. Thank you for reminding me why I hate cops who are total asses when they're doing their job.

There ARE nice cops. Even when they pull you over for speeding, they can be really nice. and then there are judgmental bastards who let you know exactly how wrong they think you are. And Sera, just DIE.
spenny chapter 36 . 9/28/2009
Okay, I know Sera, Cain, Adam and Able are meant to be the goodies. But come on! JUST DIE. Am I the only one rooting for the baddies?

It's a great story so far. While I liked Sera at first, it was real easy to switch to rooting for the baddies and their frustrating situation. And Cain's car sounds hot. Able's a jackass for doing damage to a car like that.

So yes, not sure if it was your intention to make the baddies the likeable ones, but they are.
Almost Romeo chapter 86 . 7/10/2007
Oh my God. You did all this work to get only twelve Reviews, this is so awesome and amazing and just wow. I loved it! it was just to cool and im rambling i shall shut up. but i stand by this was just awesome.
Eclairis chapter 86 . 4/3/2006
So... I was actually reading this story before I started "Winning isn't everything". I got caught up in that story and left this one hanging at about chapter 23. Big mistake.

I enjoyed this one till the very end. My only dissapointement was that you killed off Crystal but I guess you had to kill someone right? Especially when everybody else survived (except Langley). Oh, and by the way, Crystal Shjard (Shard)?) as a name was really bad... I mean a little effort. But those are details.

Anyways, just wanted to let you know that somebody is reading your stories on this site.

Sincerly,

~Eclairis
Cyber-Undead chapter 86 . 1/25/2006
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!

Great story, all the way! Hope someday you can get this published, 'cause I sure as hell will buy it then! :)
Edcrab chapter 2 . 1/6/2006
Woops, sorry, didn't mean to imply that those aspects greatly detracted from the story or anything: this'd make an incredible novel, believe me, and those "flaws" are minuscle in comparison to the pros.

I'm a big fan of epic universes- as long as they're as well fleshed out as this one- and while I'd admit the mystery segments did take me a while to absorb, that's more a standard fault with *my* reading style and personal tastes than Energy Shadow itself! 4 thumbs up!
John Hall chapter 61 . 1/5/2006
"Cons: It's gigantic, occasionally convoluted and sometimes hard to follow (yeah, I know I'm one to talk...)"

Oh, fully agreed. It's a monster, it is pretty convoluted and 'thick', and it can be hard to follow sometimes. But all of that is, for the most part, intentional. It's meant to be a novel, so that's why it's so long. And it's meant to be a mystery in some respects, so that's why it seems so intricate and possibly confusing, as it is my first attempt at any sort of real mystery. I agree, all those qualities are there, though I wouldn't rank them as "cons", but then... I like that aspect of it.