Reviews for upon broken words:
Sarah-Brighteyes chapter 1 . 1/1/2006
Wow. I love poems that seem to shed life on someone elses life that was misunderstood. Beautiful piece of work. I read it a few times to get a picture. I am going to have to find out more about bloody marys life now. You perked my interest. Bravo.
myno chapter 1 . 12/25/2005
so, all your work is equally good? And here I was thinking it was only your haikus...

I'd never heard the story that inspired this; it makes me shudder, but the poem is pretty the way blood and such is.
Mirri Night chapter 1 . 12/4/2005
hah hah hah. I loved it. Really neat way you formatted the poem, awesome imagery, great flow... I loved it.
FunkyFlower chapter 1 . 12/3/2005
hey...long time no see (or heard from) lol. like the last 2 lines in this. inspiring in themselves. hope things are smoother at your end. good luck and keep writing!

mez
hoowdoideletethisaccount chapter 1 . 12/3/2005
What an absolutely fascinating subject for a poem. I LOVE history-inspired literature! It's interesting because I would agree in some sense that Mary was "misunderstood"; she had a miserable life, and so much pain throughout. But what she did was still horrific. It's so sad- we seek a way to make ammends with God, and yet we go about it all wrong, thinking that it is our works that will make us righteous before Him. Hm... very thought-provoking poem, Elizabeth. Thank you.
White Tea and Ginger chapter 1 . 12/1/2005
beautifully written.

My favorite lines; warning click of quills tapped against pools of ink& her surrendering (284) sigh(s)a staining signiture to (284 sheets of) fresh paper
Theory Of The 4th Dimension chapter 1 . 11/28/2005
This was really cool, I can actually feel the sound effects you are writing here.
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 11/27/2005
beautiful, really and strogly provoking of emotions that I held onto. . .

* noelle
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 11/27/2005
cool format.. very interesting poem.. thought provoking too
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 11/26/2005
Fascinating; I like the "284 sighs" part; I can just see each person (burned at the stake) as a sigh; a collective out cry. Powerful work.

Juliet.