Reviews for the courtesan and the whore
she smolders chapter 1 . 9/20/2008
I really wasn't ready for the wave of emotion I felt after reading the last verse. The imagery was just gorgeous and oh so sad. Take care.
the.pink.life chapter 1 . 7/25/2006
Holy...Wow. That was amazing. I can't believe I hadn't reviewed this yet. I just found it in my inbox and was pretty excited to read it. Your alliteration in the first three lines makes me happy. :) I love alliteration, and with something like "sunset-shoulders"...m, I like.

"vanilla cigarette smoke" - I love love love this idea. I can actually TASTE it. It's delicious.

"sucked up in sequin's falling/off one by one like acid rain" - Wow, the imagery here is completely fantastic. Blown away.

And the way you end this..It's slick and sexy and I love it and am favoriting this. Gorgeous. Keep writing! :)
crinkled aster ribbon chapter 1 . 4/15/2006
heartbreaking and beautiful.

the imagery is amazing.

"sucked up in sequin's falling/off one by one like acid rain"

perfect.
mostly water chapter 1 . 2/17/2006
Christ, this is beautiful & excellent.

"I raise my skirt way pastthe horizon of my dignity"

I fucking love it.
the naked civil servant chapter 1 . 1/14/2006
how surreal. i loved "i raise my skirt way past the horizon of my dignity" - it really conveyed desperation wanting to please measuring up and everything, but just missing that... glamour. beautiful.
The Watched chapter 1 . 1/10/2006
Every time I say this, it feels like it's losing a little bit of power, and yet it's always as true as the first time I said it: This is beautiful. Just that. It's melancholy and somehow light all at the same time; it's beautiful and raw, it's...It's quite amazing, to be honest. And I love the title. And the line "her cut-out-and-keep manicured hand".

Just one thing, though (and this could just be me reading it wrong) I think in the second stanza, "sequin's" should be "sequins"? Although I could just be misinterpreting it, I suppose.
reluctant writer chapter 1 . 1/9/2006
Great imagery in this. [I raise my skirt way past/ the horizon of my dignity] Very clever. Expecially the ending.
Written chapter 1 . 12/21/2005
so beautiful. speechless.
HellHeartedlyBent chapter 1 . 12/18/2005
so sad. you always have a way with words that make them seem so surreal. wonderful work.
twenty-second seduction chapter 1 . 12/10/2005
amazing.
London Jansen chapter 1 . 12/4/2005
that was probably the darkest/sexy piece of writing I've read this week.
Gilee7 chapter 1 . 11/30/2005
-hush of heads spiralling to see- I'm pretty sure that "spiraling" should only have one 'l'.

There were so many lines that I love. The imagery was excellent and the descriptions magnificent. Some of my favorite lines:

-"dancing through the air/like the vanilla cigarette/smoke she breathes on Fridays" - I usually think of cigarattes as dirty and disgusting and very unbecoming, but you made it seem beautiful and sexy and not nasty. Nice job.

-"I raise my skirt way past/the horizon of my dignity/and gulp down vodka and/packets of chewing gum/patching it up clumsily/with French perfume"- Okay, I basically just pasted that whole second stanza, but I love all of those lines so much. Especially the skirt bit with the "horizon of my dignity." And French perfume totally makes me think of a whore.

-"but you're already pushing myhead down,"- That's dirty. Oh at least I think it is. Maybe I just think way to sexually, but "whore" IS in the summary.

This was a very good poem. It's been awhile since I've read any of your other ones, but I think this might be my favorite by you. As I said before, the imagery was astounding. The descriptions were unique and clever. I'm very impressed. Excellent job.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 11/30/2005
awesome descriptions
account not in use chapter 1 . 11/29/2005
this hit me hard, a bit to close for comfort, biting my nails. amazing job.
Aquafied chapter 1 . 11/28/2005
thigh and a tantalising voicedancing through the airlike the vanilla cigarettesmoke she breathes on Fridays - i, love, , vanilla cigarettes on friday, that is so beautiful. just, ahh. *envy*

great piece, the ending is the biter, but i must say, just totally feeling this one. in that metaphoric kind of way.