Reviews for color me wonderful
Femme de Dieu chapter 1 . 7/29/2006
THIS is so amazing. It is really moving...it was as if I could hear the mournful strains, the angry cacophony, and at last the silence. I could picture "you" sitting at the keyboard, head bent, soul spent weeping silent tears, or perhaps no tears at all, but weeping none-the-less. It was heart-wrenching. To be able to pull out emotion such as that with mere words is talent indeed. Or perhaps it's just raw honesty. At any rate this is definitely one of the best things I've read.

Truly, Tourterelle
Puella Caeli chapter 1 . 6/26/2006
this is just the most amazing poem - really, i just identify with it so much, it's incredibly gorgeous. i absolutely love line "(i guess it hit me three months ago in a quiet kind of internal chaos that ate me raw until all i saw were skin and m missing.)" i think that might be what really struck me most, because i relate to that so much. just fantastic. *adds to favorites*
boys kiss girls chapter 1 . 3/6/2006
Wow. Just. Wow.

You know, I cant read other people's poems that are as long as yours. They dont captivate me enough. You are truly a great, no, GRAND author.
AlterEthereal chapter 1 . 3/3/2006
My god I identify with this (my figure skating career). Thank you for writing it, I really adored reading it. It was almost like a song in and of itself, the way the lines wind down and spring back up again, like playing from piano to sudden forte and slowly back again. Gorgeous.
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 2/23/2006
Favorite line: "while playing amazing grace./oh how sweet it sounded." I just love that. This is a GORGEOUS poem. I absolutely adored it, the feelings and the passion of the music was so prevalent. I loved how the language rushed at the end, like the last movement of a piece would do, b/c that's how music works. I was in band long enough to learn that much. The first movement is a march, the second movement is slow, the third can be a marchish type piece, and the fourth movement is fast. Yeah, maybe I don't know as much as I think, lol, but I'm just going by Holst when I say that, and 1st Suite in F and 2nd Suite in Eb (I loved that second one so much...but that's off topic). Anyhoo, enough with my long review. Keep writing! :)
Kartoffel on Canvas chapter 1 . 2/4/2006
This poem really speaks to me, i think its my favorite that ive read of yours.

i LOVE the ideas split up into movements

(simply lovely.)
akaSummer chapter 1 . 1/22/2006
Wow. You truly have a knack for portraying such feeling that the reader believes that he/she is the one experiencing this. You're an excellent
thursdays and rain chapter 1 . 1/12/2006
o.O
none of burt's beeswax chapter 1 . 1/1/2006
ohmigod, this is gorgeous. the words just slide off your tongue and slide off your lips. everything about it is pure perfection, especially the last line.
The Fourth Fate chapter 1 . 12/23/2005
I LOVE the whole poem. Okay I can't add all your stuff to my favorites (it's there in spirit) so if I add you to my favorite authors list can we call it even? Good. Great stuff. I love it.
aaidenkae chapter 1 . 12/19/2005
this was absolutely beautiful. i loved the line about the "piano days". i loed your comparisons. it was positively lovely! thank you!-kae
airplanes in the sky chapter 1 . 12/18/2005
ohmygah this poem is so darn pretty. made me tear...
classic violet chapter 1 . 12/18/2005
I want to call it silencing. Don't know why, but oh my god, this was superb in every way. Graceful indeed.
Plinky chapter 1 . 12/16/2005
You are an incredible writer. I was glued to the screen.

How do you manage to keep the reader glued for such a long poem? (That was long to me.)

Amazing. I think that will have to go on my favourites too.

"I never knew that I measured time / In piano days." Lovely. I like how you split it like a piece of music.

"when my hands / Flicker over the keys / It does not start a flame / That sets / the world / (like it use too.)" Lovely expression. I know what you mean. I get this feeling too.

"like a sin." Lovely ending to the stanza.

"I used to think that / Each note had an / / Tucked underneath / waiting / to be coaxed / To sing a melody / Written on my fingertips / In black ink / That spelt out / ‘Eternity’" I realise I've pasted the whole stanza, but it was just such a beautiful idea, and so beautifully written that I couldn't leave any of it out. It's such a lovely concept, and I can completely see what you mean. I love it.

"I press / silent prayer wavering on my lips. / -please-" Lovelily (I can't find the word I want) expressed. Really comes out like a whisper.

"Pressing down angel throats / (a chorus of broken cries)" Beautiful.

"And I still don’t have the heart to play." Finishes the poem so beautifully.

I have used beautiful so many times tonight.

Gorgeous poem. I LOVE it. Keep writing! (And playing.)
MagikMelody chapter 1 . 12/16/2005
great! i love the musical aspect! awesome!