Reviews for Hel
Squidge VR6 chapter 1 . 12/7/2005
Wow.

Cool!

I like it a lot! The contrasts: born and die, gives life and takes it away..

Yeh! Me like A LOT!

icewolf9 (11.15)
Maverick III chapter 1 . 12/2/2005
It's great "chant or somthin'"

I'm also a great fan of Norse Myth.

I found some info on Hel, maybe you cauld use it in another story:

Hel, Hela - Giant Goddess of Death and the Underworld which takes her name. She rules Helheimr (Gniprhel, Niflhel), the home of the dead who have not died in battle. She was sent into Nifiheim by Odin, who gave her authority over life in the nine worlds, on the condition that she shared all her provisions with those who were sent to her, those who die from disease or old age. She has a great homestead there with extraordinarily high walls and huge gates. She is the daughter of Angrboda and Loki, sister to Jormungand, Fenrir and Narfi. She is described as half black, half flesh-covered.

And a little bit about her world:

Hel, Helheim, Helgardh, Niflhel - One of the nine worlds, ruled by Hel. It is the abode of the dead who are not killed in battle. Most people end up here when they die. While cold, it is not a terrible place. It is not the same as the Christian concept of Hell. Realm of the instincts. Abode of stillness and inertia - unconsciousness. The final resting place of the soul of the non-Erulian.

I had an english version of "La Valquiria" but it was in in the Game-Valkyrie Profile category. I don't know if it's still there.