Reviews for HypoChrist
Akhenaten chapter 1 . 3/20/2006
haha, nice points... I think the point is to accept god, and then you can break the commandments. I couldn't really get that straight either, though. Good poem.
Thurayya chapter 1 . 2/25/2006
Hey, Winged. I found you. :)

Ahh, I love this poem. I think I'm saving it to my computer. It voiced everything I've been thinking because I have been able to do so.

Great job!

- ala :D
Doray chapter 1 . 12/19/2005
Being a baptized Christian (I am not sure if that is a good thing or not _) I know that my religion is full of mysteries and anomalies. You actually did a good job in portraying some of them. Rock on!

~Doray
CocoAH chapter 1 . 12/7/2005
I loved it, I feel the same, my mother is very christian and me being...not... has led to some friction between us. Good poem, like the message, its on my favs.
Jasmine Olathe chapter 1 . 12/6/2005
You might want to make it a little clearer who you're talking about. I know they're rare, but there are non-judgemental, non-hypocritical Christians out there.

"Except for when Mary gave birth to Jesus, because she and God weren’t married, were they?"

Actually, I think God is supposed to be the groom of "the Church" to which Mary would have likely belonged. In that sense, they were married.
Mirri Night chapter 1 . 12/4/2005
No, I do think the Church says that even now. I've read the Bible and have been going to Christian schools all my life, and it's all just so hypocritical to me. ;_;

Anyway, I did like the poem... It didn't flow very well in a lot of places, but it certainly got the message across.
KateIxy17 chapter 1 . 12/4/2005
Awesome! best so far kenddy!
dooley creel chapter 1 . 12/4/2005
christian can be a euphemism, the philosophy is intrinsically compassinate, so that anyone who claims to be a christian but is hateful of others, in favor of war and torture, degrding the enviroment for their own gain, such types are far more political than christian and they are certainly the most heinous of hypocrites, so your poem does not just deal with attitudes as they were in the middle ages, but Midieval attitudes that are held by some to this day.
UnfortunateSoul chapter 1 . 12/4/2005
I thought it was simple a sweet- directly to the point.

And very true as I see it.

Check out my rather blunt poem, Religion. You might like it.

Bravo!

-Sky
Abortive Measures chapter 1 . 12/4/2005
I like this, particularly the lines about 'thou shalt not kill'. You've echoed my sentiments absolutely. Bravo. And, by the way, the title is mildly amusing!