Reviews for Handle with Care
Pheobe Meryll chapter 1 . 12/4/2005
I can't critique this. it is, as my brother would say, 'skillful.' very original, very sweet. I loff it. I have to say I always thought my heart was fragile until I actually offered it. and when it was rejected I didn't feel anything b/c I guess I never really thought it would be accepted. *rambles* ...okay, I'm done now; once again, very nice!
With Rhyme and Reason chapter 1 . 12/4/2005
I'm really sorry, but this has to be one of the most corny poems I've ever read. The idea of a broken heart, or a breakable heart-it's so over-done these days. And the fact that you wrote it in free-verse: not a great thing. You're taking an unoriginal idea and presenting it in the easiest, most juvenile way a poet can present something. Again, I apologize, but I'm trying to offer constructive criticism. Maybe this is your style, but here's my suggestion: since free-verse, angst, crappy romance poetry is so "in style" right now, try to do something different. Use a poetic structure-sonnet, tetra rima, whatever. Rhyme something! It can be couplets! It doesn't matter! Use a meter-pentameter, hexameter, tetrameter... whatever! If you use a form, a style, a structure, and meter, you might even get away with the unoriginal idea. Just a few suggestions. But I can tell you've got what it takes.