Reviews for Second Chances
shutterbaby chapter 1 . 11/16/2008
I don't even want to write a review for this because it's one of those things where you just stop and look and open your mouth a bit in that stupefied way I'm really good at and just think, 'Beautiful.' But I figured it deserves a line or two, even though any review would look paltry alongside of the actual piece, because it's just. frickin. gorgeous.
Satyrica chapter 1 . 8/6/2007
amazing. absolutely amazing. "yellow umbrellas through a sheet of lilac rain"? geez. you inspire me.
iKosinR chapter 1 . 12/31/2006
i love love love your writing, and though i rarely read poetry on fpress, i couldn't resist once i saw the summary for this. it's a great song because i can totally imagine some indie band with pretty voices singing this (i personally think of the band stars, or postal service, or even a boy band like relient k, if only because of the lead singer's sweet voice) and people posting lyrics in their aim profiles.. hahah. not that that would cheapen your lyrics or something. anyway i thought it a shame to merely read this aloud in my head since it is a song after all, so i made up a tune for it in my head, and i've taken to singing it endlessly. and now it's stuck in my head :)).
Drops of Jewpiter chapter 1 . 3/13/2006
great song. i love the line 'sorry little boy, but your flight has been delayed' good job :)dropsofjewpiter
springish chapter 1 . 1/26/2006
Wow. This is so incredibly wow. I would love to wake up one morning and hear this playing on the radio, you know? There's such a bittersweet, melancholy, lonely feeling to it and the first four lines were especially magical.
KindledFlame chapter 1 . 1/13/2006
COOL!
anamika chapter 1 . 12/9/2005
uh...perfect? yup that about fits it
C. X. Blackfeather chapter 1 . 12/7/2005
I like. The rhythm of the first four lines caught me and made me want to read, and I wasn't disappointed. You have excellent imagery and your words don't seem forced into fit. Very well done.
Grace Hsia chapter 1 . 12/7/2005
Hehe, I love this! It'll make an excellent song to put on the radio...

may I suggest u get someone like Kelly Clarkson to sing it rather than Britney Spears? (Bleh!) Hehe, anyways, miss ya lots, been way too busy to write a good email!

Ah! Must concentrate on the poem! Alright, in my opinion, it is bloody brilliant! The chorus resonates within you, and it seems to linger in your memory like a good song or smell (like gingerbread, not b.o!) Aw, you can do it honey! Go fight for your second chance! _ Pixy, this poem rocks, and I think you have excellent rhyme and rhythm in this poem. It has an almost melodic quality to it that seems to inspire the spirit. Ack, gotta go! (excuse shortness!)

much luv,

*Orient Fox*
evil person's evil friend chapter 1 . 12/7/2005
I hope you're not one of those people that degrade their own writing because this is PWNAGE! lolx uh... I loved it..? .
Serenity Marie chapter 1 . 12/6/2005
Wow, very good. Your so talented!
Chocolate Herrings chapter 1 . 12/6/2005
I like it. I know that seems like such an easy, simple thing to say, but right now I'm drained: physically, mentally, and emotionally. This fits so perfectly into my mood that it's almost scary.
hey maria chapter 1 . 12/6/2005
"Drinking in starlight on the cusp of reality/4 a.m. and she’s grasping for mortality"

Gorgeous. That's all I have to say.