Reviews for American Soldier
Kouichi chapter 1 . 8/8/2006
So sad, so little, but oh so true.
missmeghanh chapter 1 . 3/30/2006
sad but true.
Gilee7 chapter 1 . 1/23/2006
Ah, that cynical humor that stabs the bitter truth that appears in nearly all your poetry. This one really hits home despite its shortness. Powerful poem. You're just as good at haiku as you are the really long 500 word poems. You're amazing.
breezy nostrils chapter 1 . 1/17/2006
nicely and accurately described. keep on going!
charisrain chapter 1 . 1/5/2006
How could eighteen simple words stir up THIS much sadness, bewilderment, ANGER?

YOU, my friend, have a gift.

I encourage you to ignore the two nay-sayers in the review. With all due respect to their opinions; I'm willing to bet that by lengthening this piece - it would have inevitably lost it's power to, um, punch the reader square in the gut.
Marioh chapter 1 . 1/2/2006
So true... I like how u emphasize on the tans to represent the superficiality of out culture, but close the haiku with the harsh truth of today's world.
Spootasia Tomoe chapter 1 . 1/2/2006
i loved this. you have such a way of packing so much into so few words. very powerful, ironic and sad. it feels very american in style and reasoning, especially with the reference to the tans (because that's just what our culture would focus on, huh? ;)

strong, complex, but straight forward. a beautifully done, artistic protest; it makes one think. bravo!
The Escapist chapter 1 . 1/1/2006
After reading that, I'm suddenly reminded of a man I live near. His son just died the other day in Iraq. I feel bad for him.

Thanks for the advice on my writing. I very much appreciate it. For awhile now, I’ve been trying to get advice from a few other people but none of them would help. You’re awesome.
Tr APeze-sWiNGer chapter 1 . 12/30/2005
wow

really, really powerful
StitchedTogether chapter 1 . 12/29/2005
This poem is amazing. It is so simple and powerful. I don't think it would've been as powerful if it was a longer poem.
AIB chapter 1 . 12/21/2005
brilliant. the simplicity of the haiku only heightens the truth in its words. brilliant.
LilLaTLuv chapter 1 . 12/15/2005
Hey!

Sad. So very sad. It draws out a lot of feeling for such a small poem. GREAT JOB!

Luv ya,Tashi :)
Theory Of The 4th Dimension chapter 1 . 12/13/2005
Woah...that's pretty cool and morbid! Really enjoyed it.
catseyeview chapter 1 . 12/13/2005
keep going...these short pieces are wonderful.
Doc Blood chapter 1 . 12/11/2005
Desert sun shiningThrough low bid body armorLeaks a scent of death

I like yours a lot better.
32 | Page 1 .. Last Next »