Reviews for Hang 'Em High
tristis chapter 4 . 3/10/2006
Wow... This makes me feel so good that my birth name is Mariah. It's always been kinda odd for me, but I feel set apart and totally special because of this! Totally awesome!
Black Hellebore chapter 2 . 1/7/2006
.::Fixables::.

'It's' should be 'its' if you are refer to the possesion of an it.

It's a little obviously linked to the song, and a lot of it follows the song's lyrics in order. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I think you should make the story seem more... original, a separate and equally as admirable piece from the song. While the two are obviously connected, I'd say to make it less obvious. It's the job of the readers to infer things; give them things to infer. My suggestion is to mix it up a little. Don't tell us her name for a while.

Mariah also seems a little callous, a little uncaring. A little too... blunt. Perhaps she could be more subtly bitter, and still as visciously angry? I don't really know, but something seems to call for more in this work of fiction, and I can't quite put meh finger on it.

.::Likables::.

Mariah's narrator views. Intersting.

Some of the detailed descriptions. Amazing color detail for someone like me with a color-oriented mind.

Nice grammar. Always a plus.

MCR rules the world as I know it. "Gimme All Your Venom," equal my life. ::dances::
shiloh fire chapter 3 . 12/14/2005
she is COLD! wow - like how she kicked that guy in the nuts - but snaps for her because she's tough and has that "bite me" attitude. i like it.
Kettering chapter 2 . 12/10/2005
Thought it was damn good. A few rambling sentences, and a couple of words in the wrong place, but you can sort that easy on a re-read. Very much in the spaghetti western feel I think. Will look out for more by you. Oh yes, did you realise the My Chemical Romance song is a tribute to a western called Hang 'Em High?