Reviews for The Dancer and I
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 3/5/2006
Favorite line: "I graphed the function of Mary's virginity." Such a powerful line. And it works in this context b/c it shows just how hard you had to try to keep your mind off of what was actually going on. This is absolutely devastating. I don't want to believe it's a true story, but something like this can't just be made up. My God. I have to put this on my faves list, b/c I'll just feel horrible if I dont. Keep writing! :)
Silence the Storm chapter 1 . 1/16/2006
Brilliant work. Surprisingly mature, intricate and stunning. Words can't quite express the beauty of this poem. Magnificant work, vivid and ever brilliant.
cornered.sensations chapter 1 . 12/31/2005
you have a way with ways, wonderful..
popprincess-angel chapter 1 . 12/20/2005
i really enjoyed this on writing
sloppy firsts chapter 1 . 12/18/2005
this poem is just heartbreaking.
Lines To Time chapter 1 . 12/14/2005
This is, without a doubt, the most perfect poem I have ever read. I am sniffling and wiping my eyes- and it's the fifth time I've read this!- and, oh, Abbye, I can't think of a single thing to say to you. This is poetry. This is pure and beautiful and perfect poetry. This is exactly what I've always wanted to do and I am so proud of you for doing it. Don't change anything about this; it's breathtaking.
dollface and her cancer chapter 1 . 12/14/2005
Funny how sometimes life, with all its structure, just seems to fall apart.

I love the references that repeat all the way through this, darting between mathematics and dancing. The ending is soft and mournful; the entire piece is full of heart-ache and truth. An honest piece written extremely well.
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 12/11/2005
This is devastating! So beautiful! You have such a strong talent I felt like I was living this through you’re eyes. The storytelling! I can’t even fathom where to begin!

Nostalgia; I think is a big part of it- that transition form memory to moment and then back again. You weave it like a pattern (a painting of words.) I can find such strong pieces of you as a person in this.

People always say that opposites attract; and I think that’s true to an extent but I think we’re attracted to levels of pain (that we, and others around us feel.) That level of feeling and commitment that we instinctively find in other people before we’ve even met them. Like being in a room with a hundred people, you always gravitate to the ones who are like you, even if it takes all night to get there. I guess what I’m trying to say is that this touched me on so many levels.

I marry myself with books. Not religion is science—yours is pure faith.-Those verses are pure divinity!

I’m so glade that you updated with this piece; you really are one of the stronger talents on this site. Keep up the good work.

Much love,Juliet.
bjw chapter 1 . 12/11/2005
I'm so sorry - that review you received from truth is subjective was from me; I forgot to change accounts! That account isn't mine. Sorry again!
truth is subjective chapter 1 . 12/11/2005
WOW. The emotion in this! I'm so blown away. It's so compelling. I love it soo much. Don't know how to describe it..it's like a new level of honesty! You capture so MUCH in this... Wow. WOW. Not bothering to CC.:P Great job! Please, keep writing!