Reviews for Somethin Fierce
young and the reckless chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
ah, this is so new age, and i love it.

the second stanza and the line, "he wears name brand love on his sleeve,"

is just so poetically blunt. great job.
One-Hand Clap chapter 1 . 3/31/2008
How pretty. Starkly poetic. The beauty in this story is its despairing romanticism. It ties in with your name - 'Faithless Juliet'. It's sad and - I hate this word but it suits - bittersweet. "Father of a million fainting girls" - that's like milk to me, it's just a gorgeous phrase. I'm off to check out more of your work. This is definitely favourited.
bittersweet.season chapter 1 . 11/3/2007
this is beautiful. not superfluous at all, and really frank. i like it.
Tytherpol chapter 1 . 8/2/2007
this is really good.
a Leader by Default chapter 1 . 12/19/2006
How good was this!

perfection.

(fierce)
Kouichi chapter 1 . 8/8/2006
Yet another brilliant poem.
evm chapter 1 . 3/22/2006
Your rhythm is wonderful, like a steady beat of rain. It caught me up and tossed me around so that I was tangled in all of your beautiful phrases. This is so gorgeous. My favourites were the repetition of the lines begining with 'Romeo said:' and 'Something else. Something Vain. A boy without a train of thought.' All in all, this is wonderful.
sunshineofyourlife chapter 1 . 3/16/2006
oh wow. wow. that's all i can say. this is amazing. beautiful.

-sunshine
Margot Tenenbaum chapter 1 . 2/9/2006
you are .
SarahJaneDrkAngl05 chapter 1 . 1/14/2006
this is good i cannot find the words to describe it!SarahJane
pneumothorax chapter 1 . 1/14/2006
I can't decide if this is negative or positive. There's something very odd in his words. Too much hoping on the speaker's part.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/8/2006
i love that line: reasoning's that he bought on sale at an outlet store. He wears name brand love on his sleeve. )
les petits bateaux chapter 1 . 1/6/2006
A very impressive piece of work you got here. It's very different from all the others that I've read from other poets. Very well done.
AshGurl2897 chapter 1 . 12/30/2005
Wow. You have quite the body of work on here. It's very impressive indeed. I liked this very much. The disjointedness was nice and helped to get the idea across. Alright, I am off to read and possibly review some more of your poems.
Tr APeze-sWiNGer chapter 1 . 12/28/2005
it's bittersweet...i like the use of (somethin fierce) without the "g" at the end. i picture romeo like elvis? anyways, nicely done. really well-written.

p. reading your review of "bob dylan and green carpet..." i realized that you're right, it does end at a weird place, and i never saw that before. so thank you, for pointing that out to me, because i'm going fix it and give it a proper ending now.
34 | Page 1 .. Last Next »