Reviews for By Any Other Name
dalidahmer chapter 1 . 3/22/2017
You're really and truly an incredibly powerful writer, I seriously think I owe you an explanation for that.

I read this story several years ago when it was first published in 2005 several times.

I've been coming back to search for it again to re-read years through the years, even in 2017. It's so honest, you're really in this young girl's head. The way you describe your characters actions is absolutely genius. This was a very nice and well thought out story.

Never quit writing! I was so delighted when I found out how many stories of yours I had to check out!
Faery Changeling chapter 8 . 11/26/2011
Aww...that was a sweet ending. I think the climax could have been better, like if she got seriously sick and such, but that would make it similar to a lot of stories about eating disorders. This is a very unique one out of that category.
autumn sea chapter 8 . 8/30/2010
This was so beautiful it made me cry.
quotidian chapter 8 . 6/21/2010
blunt, sweet and honest.

awesome.
Artume chapter 8 . 5/9/2010
Aw, I loved this story. It was very well written, and I felt so sorry for Jenna. But the ending was sweet, and fabulous. I was worried that it was only eight chapters, and that the ending might be sudden. I was still worried, when I clicked on this page. But by the last sentence, last word - amazing. AMAZING.
ForeverIsNow chapter 8 . 3/18/2010
i love this story very very muchly it is very sweet :)
KillaCupcakes chapter 8 . 10/4/2009
This story is really, really good. I liked the fact that it didn't have a sad ending. I liked the fact that Jake was more than just a bully, and he and Jenna had a real reason to bond because he lost his sister to an eating disorder, too. I was also reminded of how it feels to be 13 and not fit in with everybody else. I've read some of your other stories as well, and I will say that you're one of the best authors on this site.
Gen chapter 8 . 9/11/2009
i love this story so very much

when i finished reading it it inspired me to go and read my old diary entries

Compared to Jenna i feel i am an awfully boring child

anyway, the bit with Jake was so beautiful and bittersweet

i am so happy that they are together and that she has someone

]
sammy-zee chapter 8 . 9/7/2009
This is a beautiful story.
Blind-Kira chapter 8 . 8/20/2009
i loved this story very mouch. except for the fact that i just wove it a guy turns out to be the "good guy" and acts all gentleman-like instead of being the same old jurk, i think you've mapped out Jenna's soul quite well. It was a beautiful read. *bows*
OnceUponADecember chapter 8 . 7/31/2009
aw that is so sweet!
JamieBell chapter 8 . 6/13/2009
I'm not one for middle-school/jr. high stories, but this was very touching! I thoroughly enjoyed it.
morningsunshine chapter 8 . 5/17/2009
Hola! I just wanted to stop in and mention that this was absolutely touching. I was (and am) somewhere between crying and giggling. Crying, for more obvious reasons. I'm an eighth grader myself and it was nice to read something with such clearly defined emotion and developed characters. Giggling, for similar reasons. I love it, love the age you chose, but your eighth graders act more like fifth graders, to be honest. It's the year when the kids start trying to act older, stop talking like kids, and pretty much everyone, particularly the 'populars' have said "Fuck you." Despite that discrepancy, I quite enjoyed myself, in between breaks for tears.

-Sarah
the rocky horror picture show chapter 1 . 2/11/2009
This story was AMAZING.
jiali18 chapter 8 . 12/27/2008
This story is amazing. The plot is good and I love how simplistic and innocent the writing is here. It isn't poetic or anything like that, but in a way, I still think it's a work of art. The words are so simple, yet they convey so much. Does that make sense? It reminds me of Hemingway's style, actually, or even Steinbeck's. I think we forget that sometimes less can be more, as it is in the case here.
67 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »