Reviews for Disgracing Myself
Funky Bracelet Chick chapter 1 . 3/9/2010
oh! angsty! i like it ]]
CrimsonLilly chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
I know that this story is practically ancient since you wrote so much after it, but seeing the names of the characters (Vlatko and Zora)and the simple word 'Zdravo' made me all smiles so I thought I'd review. Then I read on and realised you killed Dancaire. Though I do understand where that came from, it still saddened me to see that. But since it was based on 'Carmen'(though I only vaguely know what goes on in it) I won't complain. I'm thinking a lot of people must have been furious with Vlatko for asking Dancaire to 'take responsibility' and basically pushing him to death, but I understand where he's coming from...I understand where he's grown up and how it all still works. Anyway,I loved it all and I also must say you did an awesome job portraying the subtle difference between the Slav's culture(since its pretty much same for Serbians, Croatians and Macedonians and all the others that belong there) and the American. It's so small and yet so big, right? Would you mind if I added this short story to my favourites? *gives you puppy eyes* Argh, can't wait for the reply! Gonna add it :)
failte200 chapter 1 . 4/22/2008
Gah... Dammit, Venus - I should have known better than to read one of your stories... But I thought, aw, that sounds sweet... but NO! Jesus H. Christ. I saw one of your fics in the fave list of someone who'd just faved me. So I thought I'd give you a try again...

*eyeroll* Goffik gurlz.
Blue Screen of Death chapter 1 . 1/4/2007
Ah, the intricacies of proper (or not so proper) love...Just the right amount of fluff, lets not forget angst, and drama...And I actually felt sympathy for Zora until she pulled the "i'm pregnant" bit, accidental, true, or not...

On that note, it seems like it all goes neatly to hell in a handbasket...at least its obvious Daincaire wanted to break it off with her...

From the beginning, I expected somthing bad to go down, but your ending blew that expectation neatly out of the water. Vlatko and Dancaire sound better together than Dancaire and Zora...(though i am curious, ages?)
KageNeko chapter 1 . 5/24/2006
Aw ;.; its so cute..but...sad and depresing, ..well not that cute...but..i like it...i'm a freak i guess...
rainbowskye chapter 1 . 4/17/2006
I thought that this was beautifully written. I like the way it is split up and how the start to the first and last parts reflect each other. The ending was, well, I can't imagine another but why would I want to when you've written this one so well? Anyways, I enjoyed this very much.
Virginia Giselle chapter 1 . 1/2/2006
Interesting.

I likes.
oh so cliche chapter 1 . 12/25/2005
Woah. Powerful. And crazy. Europeans it seems like to me. Lol. Interesting and pushing the limits. I enjoyed it.
Rhapsody's Shadow chapter 1 . 12/18/2005
Anther uniqe and dareing tale, I enjoyed it emensely, Love

Your sweet Rhapsody Of The Shadows
TUS chapter 1 . 12/17/2005
Whoa...And since I don't think I can get away with just saying that...Wow (no, I'll add more, I promise).

I so was not expecting that. It was...Amazing. Wow. Wonderful.
multiples of six chapter 1 . 12/15/2005
This was pretty awesome. It reminded me a little of a gender-switched version of The Graduate. But I don't think I've once read a story of yours without a character dead by the end.
Kyria Asimi chapter 1 . 12/14/2005
I like this, actually, though i'm not quite sure why. I like the name Dancaïre too...even though i'm hating Carmen more and more...The ending's better than you made it sound when you told me about it, though.