Reviews for Complicated
Seque Me ad Meum Somnium chapter 2 . 1/21/2006
Salice is really cool for a...um...straight chick...anyhow...sorry gay obsessivness, I hope we get a better picture of what Jake lookes like, i'm having a hard time picturing him...danke!
Seque Me ad Meum Somnium chapter 1 . 1/21/2006
I almost stopped reading when i found out there was a girl love interest...pretty pathetic huh? but i perservered, and i think i can't take an educated guess as to where this goes...but i'm excited about reading it. You have and amazingly good level of grammatical aptitude, go you, and note to Andrew...my school's mascot is the Flamming Rainbows...seriously...i feel your pain man
City Lights Burn Like Stars chapter 9 . 1/20/2006
i like it i love it i want some more of it! update soon
igloothree chapter 9 . 1/20/2006
Wow, you update quickly. I feel really bad for Andrew, having to go through the death of a loved one. What happened to Makayla anyway? Ah, well, I'm sure you'll get to it in time ...
Cherise chapter 9 . 1/20/2006
Cleared up perfectly, thanks! I am so anxious to find out what happened to this Makayla. I think I know she died for sure, and she was somewhat popular. Hmm. And I really want to know what happens when Andrew realizes why he feels so little with Salice
wacky-tarz chapter 9 . 1/20/2006
*loads confetti gun*

Dude! I know i've already told you this, but this chapter...Holla!

You really worked it this time, i swear. From start to finish...awesome. This chapter had a different feel to it for some reason. Maybe because it wasnt centered around Jake, Salice and Andrew for once. It was mainly just Andrew, his mum and this therapist. It was good to see it all from another point of view!

Fave line: 'Leaving this at school was like losing an arm. Not that I've ever lost an arm, but that's besides the point.'

Ha ha!

See the outstanding work you can do when you're bored and Cissy is away drinking Mai Tai's? I'm glad you could be motivated to do such an amazing chapter, even without your hussy muse present.

Two thumbs up to you, my friend. Awesome to read your work, and even more awesome to be able to talk to the person who wrote it on a daily basis!

Cheers, Tarz!

*Shoots confetti into air*
Selayn1666 chapter 8 . 1/19/2006
Wow...alright about this chapter. Very good starting to get the truth out about Jake. I like how we begin to see Salice's jealously and flaws slowly coming out. She's also very clingy. The mall scene was weird too because actually...it sounds like something I'd do lol.

Anyways, about the story in general I think it's great and has amazing potential. The only thing is that it feels so dry. Again, there are so many things to play off with the characters you've invented. However, I find that we don't get much out of them because most of the plot is plain matter-of-factedness. In other words, your writing tells us what they're doing but doesn't explain much relevance. For example, the mall scene was almost pointless (except maybe the Hollister part). But it really doesn't add much or develop anymore of a relationship between Jake and Andrew. The whole story sounds like a big journal entry to me (which may be what you're going for) But I think the story would do really well if you started putting in some stronger themes and getting more personal with the characters and their actions. Go deep into their perfections and flaws and exploit them. That's what makes a reader truly love a character. I know I already like this story and will continue to read and review, but I hope you really make those characters shine so I can love them even more.
Selayn1666 chapter 7 . 1/19/2006
Hmm...Interesting that you tried changing POVs to get the thoughts of both Salice and Andrew of each other. I find it so strange that Salice and her friends (preps and all that) are taking in Andrew who is a bitter loner. Especially so well. It's...eeire. That doesn't happen very often. Not like it's bad at all. I hope people can really be like that. Anyways, the ex-girlfriend (or supposed) feels out of place to me. I wonder if he "lost" her in another way. But I won't go any further in divulging those ideas. One more to go for me before I really start hitting it hard.
Selayn1666 chapter 6 . 1/19/2006
That was nuts...and hot. Poor Jake, he's in love with Andrew but can't confess it lol...I don't really know if that's what you mean yet, but oh well that's what I'm thinking. That was a pretty sexy scene with the grinding...definitely some sexual tension there.
Selayn1666 chapter 5 . 1/18/2006
Oh man...crazy. Alright I love Jake more than Salice, but only because he's a boy. That game was a nice little ending. Too bad they didn't ask more "interesting" questions. But you gotta save that for later, huh?...Continuing on...later...lol
Selayn1666 chapter 4 . 1/18/2006
aw...how cute. I'm so happy Andrew has friends...and popular ones too. What a lucky boy. Now I'm torn. Maybe Jake and Andrew are looking up. Though poor Salice...she's so cute too. I cannot decide yet. I'll read more lol.
Selayn1666 chapter 3 . 1/18/2006
Very short chapter. I wonder what happened to Andrew? Is Katherine his therapist? And Salice's flaw...what could it be?

The only part I found weird is where he talks about how his family taught him that it's okay about whatever sexual orientation you are. I guess you don't want to get into that business and want to skip into the juicy bits. It's fine, it just leaves out a lot of good angst and stuff when you have family and religion pressing on you. Anyways...onto the next chapter!
Selayn1666 chapter 2 . 1/18/2006
OMG...A KISS! Aw...I really want Salice and Andrew together now. It was weird when all of a sudden Andrew starts thinking of guys...Confusing. Well, I guess we're all about as confused as him. I can't wait to see what you have in store for Jake's character.
Selayn1666 chapter 1 . 1/18/2006
Hurray! Interesting loner story. I think I already see where this is going. Is it bad that I love slash, but would rather have Andrew get together with Salice? Oh well...I'll read more...and yes, I shall review every chapter because I'm like that. :)
igloothree chapter 8 . 1/18/2006
What? That chapter was so short man! But I definitely liked it. ANd I never thought I'd like Salice's character as much as I do. She's cool. But Jake is cooler.
56 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »