Reviews for Wintering with You
ossining chapter 1 . 6/27/2006
I was reading through this and a few lines literally made my breath catch. Wow. Beautiful. "danced like darkness down my lungs" was one of them, "our pulses quick like Latin beats" was another. *favoriting* Keep writing! :)
cornered.sensations chapter 1 . 12/31/2005
Excellent poem, loved every part.
Areida Hollyoak chapter 1 . 12/20/2005
i must say i'm 's a theme i am rather familiar with, although i think you've grasped it very well, far more eloquently than i ever could. (whenever i write this sort of thing i sound like an angsty thirteen year old.)

i like the way the person in the poem- friend? older friend? childish love?-is to teach the speaker to hold on, and the speaker is worried they will leave or be taken away, but holds on to that promise of being instructed, i like that concept of finding something to hold on to, even if it is just the hope of being taught how to do just using december was nice, too, because december always means christmas, and snow (although i live in the tropics and all, i know what you mean about it always being hot) and its always that sort of sappy-sweet movie season, where you shop for friends and suddenly think purple tree baubles are the greatest thing- its a sweet happy season for happy sweet things- love included.

to be honest i only looked you out because you wrote me two really nice, accurate reviews (you got Caught right down pat) but yes, i am very impressed. nice work. its absolutely gorgeous.
sloppy firsts chapter 1 . 12/18/2005
gorgeous. loved all the lines.
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 12/17/2005
I think that it’s important- especially now, that we don’t forget the things that we hold dear. Like December and Christmas hold such strong emotions for everyone, and each one of those feelings are felt differently for the person. I think it’s important to keep them or save them for this time of year. Memories that you’ll never forget. The feeling of frost in you’re palm.

I feel you’re pain though, I live in Washington State and I’ve never seen a “White Christmas” or us it’s more of a “Watery Christmas” torrential downpours, flooding, gray skies. And that might sound bad to some people, but its what I recognize Christmas to be so in its own strange way it makes me happy.

This is a wonderful piece; you capture the vibe of nostalgia so well. Memories are made of air in a lot of poetry but you really give it a concrete-like feel to them. You let me explore you as well as myself. I know I’ve said it before, but you really are truly talented. Keep up the good work.

Much love,Juliet.
the big sleep chapter 1 . 12/17/2005
Holy shit- I love this. Rarely do I like contemporary poems of a loquacious nature in regards to love, but this is fantastic. One of the best romantic poems I've read on this site. Keep writing. I'm off to read more of your stuff, because you've managed to seriously catch my attention.