Reviews for Struggle With Temptation
Rovandin chapter 1 . 1/5/2006
Been there. done that. The song I'm listening to makes this ironic. I'm Not Okay(I promise) by My chemical Romance (rovandin admits embarresedly that he likes emo) Nyways. All men of any religous faith have to deal w/ this problem. Good solution.
redwriter chapter 1 . 12/21/2005
I really liked this; so so true.
searchlight chapter 1 . 12/18/2005
Wow. I am really liking this poem. I totally know what you mean, there's temptation EVERYWHERE! But I heard an interesting thing about it, that it's actually neutral (not a bad thing in and of itself)For, we can triumph over it and glorify God or fall into it and succomb to evil...hm...something to think about...no? But, yeah, it's everywhere, seemingly the most mundane things can be tests. "Do I tell my best friend the truth, even though it may hurt her?"

"Do I wear this semi-revealing shirt because in comparison with what most girls are wearing, it's tame?"

"Do I go to the movie that I know is going to have a lot of cussing in it? Even though my friends will probably think I'm a kill joy if I don't?"

It can be so difficult to stay away and say no sometimes. That is why we must put on the armor of God every morning so that Satan's arrows will be deflected and he will be defeated! Again. (you think he would get the fact that he will not win) Here's a quote which I find especially applicable to this problem, hope it helps.

"Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong."-1Corinthians 16:13

You know why I love your poems? They put everything down, simply and without fuss. But there's a wittiness and poignancy to it. Another good job.
SakuraAngel chapter 1 . 12/17/2005
God bless you! We all face temptatations and in today's world it is very hard! At least you're turning to God!

To your poem, I love the imagery here, the cake was especially powerful to me. You're living for God. He knows you're trying. I love the poem, keep up the good work.
Silence the Storm chapter 1 . 12/17/2005
'But still it's so hard to resist./This sin is a wildfire spreading like cancer;/I just need to cease and desist.'...Brilliant lines. This entire poem was full of brilliant lines. You had spectacular, unforced rhyming. Great poem.