Reviews for QUOTH THE PROFESSOR
AccountKiller123456789 chapter 1 . 1/24/2014
Not a college student, but I can relate... lol.
Dominique Diane chapter 1 . 8/7/2013
OH GOD, AWESOME!
Ceri Anne chapter 1 . 11/21/2012
This really made me laugh. I've not been a student in fair few years but I can still remember feeling exactly like that! Brilliant!
YasuRan chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
Boy, does this bring back some unpleasant memories XD. I haven't read a poem this amusing in ages, so this was a welcome find. With the speech of the weary protagonist, you pretty much took the words from my mouth from when I was a bored school student myself. Great job.
fairydustillusion chapter 1 . 10/16/2012
HAHAHA! that was brilliant!
FreekyDisaster18 chapter 1 . 10/16/2012
Hey! I am here to share some exciting news. This was added to the poetry section over on A Drop of Romeo!

Here's the Review:

"Helen Thinks: Ian Nathaniel Cohen has taken a classic poem that I believe most of the population will recognise and introduced it to the twenty first century with their fantastic writing. Using the layout and beat of Edgar Allen Poe’s “The Raven”, Ian Nathaniel Cohen has created a masterpiece in “QUOTH THE PROFESSOR” that will have every reader relating to as it’s based on a student dozing in their class because of how boring it is, especially listening to their professor’s droning voice. As an ex-university student I can hand on heart relate to this poem and can state confidently that quite a few other readers can too. It is difficult giving a classic a new spin but Ian Nathaniel Cohen has not only managed to do that, but they have done it amazingly well. Even if you don’t know “The Raven” by Poe, I suggest you check out “QUOTH THE PROFESSOR” any way because it’s fantastic in all its own rights."

Keep writing,

Helen xo
PyroPsycho x-x chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
Very well written and funny!

~Sophia
romanvagabond chapter 1 . 4/20/2010
That. Was. Amazing.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 10/15/2009
Brilliant!

I absolutely adored it!

Not to detract in any way from the original - Poes The Raven is a masterpiece, but your poem is so apt, while being side-splittingly funny, that I will be hard-pressed not to quote it at my statistics professor, human soporific that she is.

Keep writing!
SerenityRoberts chapter 1 . 2/5/2008
That was a great satire. you really managed to capture Edgar Allen Poe's writing style. I too have had some boring lectures, though I am only a high school senior.
You're My Fucking Delight chapter 1 . 9/10/2006
Genius
anon chapter 1 . 12/1/2005
Wow. That was awesome, I love it!
Yoshi12 chapter 1 . 9/7/2005
lol That was great! Even non college students can relate!
Alchemist's Angel chapter 1 . 7/29/2005
I have to add this to my favs list! It's fun and cute and all too true.

It's probably going to go on the door on my dorm room, too, along with all the other "shiny" stuff my roommate and I find on the net.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/16/2005
This was bloody brilliant! Great work!
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »