Reviews for No Longer Necessary
Sally-andersonn chapter 1 . 12/21/2005
Since this is the first chapter, more background info on the UN would be good. Some more info on Iraq would also be good too, especially since this is aobut the terrible acts of Saddam which you neglect to mention.

This isn't structured very well. The idea that the UN is true. Your points are good but can improve by expanding them. Nice essay, easy to read. Good intro but the rest needs more work done on it.
Le Creature chapter 1 . 12/19/2005
The UN ever was effective? Whoa, this is news to me.
No Trust chapter 1 . 12/19/2005
The UN's main virtue is its ineffectuality. Soon I hope the US will devolve into similar impotence. Then everyone can get on with their lives only having to be afraid of their own governments instead of having to be afraid of meddling powerwhores with pretensions of global reform, in addition to their own governments.
Typewriter King chapter 1 . 12/19/2005
The Oil for Food Program was a system designed for failure by virtue of it being a quota-based import system. It doesn’t necessarily follow that the United Nations is more corrupt than any nation-state operating a similar program.

A comparable example undoubtedly blooming is the US agriculture importation scheme going on for the Cuban dictatorship. These trade systems are inherently flawed because they leave it in the hands of politicians to determine what’s right. Consequently, politicos on the right boards get all the say in who gets the “merciful” contracts. Graft is inevitable. Therefore, the Oil for Food Scandal was inevitable, and I’m positive the Cuban “humanitarian” program is as well (I personally have a source that knows of the unethical crap Con Agra is pulling).

One way to save the United Nations and the United States from corruption would be to scrap import quotas completely. This would be a difficult undertaking to implement, for it is glaringly clear that members of the UN and all governments are infected with officials complicit in these scandals, not to mention the “fair trade is managed trade” mercantilist fiends endemic in all governments (MP Galloway in the UK, for instance, but many others).

OK, critiquing time. The UN has always been by definition a Bureaucracy. That doesn’t necessarily have negative connotations, if they’re relegated to a job for savants, at least. Your meaning is understood and accepted, however.

There was one spelling problem in the piece; you want to “cite” evidence, not “site” it. There was also an omitted word here and there, but no matter.

One vulnerability is citing the history of League of Nation/United Nations appeasement too vaguely. We can all postulate you’re alluding to Britain's prime minister Neville Chamberlain handing over Austria and the Sudenland to that antisemite doping fascist in 1938, but it’s always worth sketching out your allusion some more, so even the likes of “some guy” (you’ll probably see him later) can understand it.

I guess that’s it. We haven’t had such a strong peace come in here in some time! Surely you come from a private school! If a little too idealistic, you astutely indict the correct faulty parties, and begin to outline what the problem is.
Advice chapter 1 . 12/18/2005
Fictionpress scrubs links to keep out the spammers without having to actively moderate the site.

Try listing the links on your profile page, if you don't mind cluttering it a bit.

-TK
Enmirri chapter 1 . 12/18/2005
For some reason my links aren't appearing... sorry guys. If you want a specific link I am refering to email me and I will gladly send it to you. The page I am generally refering to is this document: " #TopOfPage"