Reviews for Define Artist
Raspberry Twirl chapter 1 . 7/20/2006
what is poetry?
June chapter 1 . 6/25/2006
I really liked the message that you put through in this poem-I can definitely understand your perspective. But I found that, after a while, the message got to be redundant (you said it many times in different ways). I thought the initial use of more simple words was clever, since you were speaking out aginst using big, impressive words just to sound smarter, but i think they could have been used better. I had this sort of love-hate relationship with the words that you repeated within lines (meant, mean, meaning)-it was balancing on that line between brash overuse and artistic repetition. Finally, there were some grammer problems (lack of commas and helping words like "a" or "an"). I wasn't sure whether they were intentional or not, but I think the poem would have been more clear with rather than without them. Overall, I think it's a good concept that needs some trimming down, Keep it up, though!
JR Gringo chapter 1 . 1/15/2006
HaHaHa! A rejection of my first post (Would You Create?) no doubt...Anyway, it's good, so good in fact, that you've effectively conviced me to give up writing-fiction and poetry alike. Yup, they're kaput. Never again shall I write another word. No, not another single word. Not really:) Actually, it was really good, but I'll never quit writing (you can't make me;)!) It'll make me think more and choose more carefully about what I write, but I'll still never stop. From these fingers shall flow a never-ceasing eternity of words...and puncuation...(puctuation is always good; punctuation is my friend o_0) forever, and ever, and ever. I think I'll stop now. But one day... In all wacky seriousness, it was a great write.
InkandIntrospection chapter 1 . 12/30/2005
Just to clarify, I wasn't trying to yell at anyone in particular. I'm aware that I write pointless poems a lot too. I'm just frustrated with the artistic pitfall of writing something just so it sounds pretty.
Aslan Israel chapter 1 . 12/30/2005
Kinda felt like you were yelling at us for a minute, then I got it. Yeah, I know people like that. But I really don't think it's their fault. Everyone has there own way of writing, so who am I to condemn that?