Reviews for How to Write a Review
elisefey chapter 6 . 11/2/2006
"I can't spell, I can't grammer." - It's moments like these where I just want to leave your errors as they are because they're so darn entertaining.
elisefey chapter 4 . 11/2/2006
""This site needs this - I liked it!" is very effective in boosting the writer's ego as every writer's secret desire is for their work to be needed, accepted or revered by other people. Sometimes, they even wish for world domination." - If I get fired for laughing too loudly over this, I am hunting you down. And yes I realize it's my own fault for reading it at work, but I am still hunting you down.

Leylakedi's review was my favorite in this lovely little interlude.
elisefey chapter 3 . 11/2/2006
First of all, I am insanely amused that overuse of option c) may lead to pregnancy as opposed to option a) involving the actual statement "I hope to have your baby". This is a very bad thing seeing as I'm sitting at my desk at work as I read this and I am having difficulty containing my laughter and thus staying out of trouble with my boss.

To answer your very interesting questions (which I feel compelled to answer because I am, after all, reading this and a writer who receives reviews):

1. I do not give flames because I firstly consider it to be unnecessarily mean and secondly feel that the world is sadly illiterate enough as it is and fear that in flaming I may inadvertantly squash a much needed budding interest in reading and writing. I have yet to receive a proper flame, for which I am extremely grateful.

2. I do value the opinion of a signed review more than anonymous simply because I appreciate that a signed reviewer is essentially taking responsibility for what they say and serious enough about their opinion to open themselves up to my possible revenge. The risk they are taking makes me respect them more.

3. Honestly? Reviews do not effect *what* I write though they occassionally effect *how* I write/phrase things (depending on my respect for the reviewer and their own work) and more than anything they impact the *speed* at which I write/update.

Btw, you had quite a few spelling errors in this chapter but if I went through them all this review would be even more ridiculously long than it already is... Anyway, I read on now.
elisefey chapter 1 . 10/30/2006
I have, admittedly, only read this first chapter but I must say that so far this is the most enjoyably entertaining guide to writing reviews that I have read.

P.S. "It may also cause reviewers to give unnessasary reviews" - The correct spelling is "unnecessary".
Kumquat21 chapter 11 . 10/28/2006
Very good job! This peice is filled with wonderful spontanious humor, and despite denying it, actually has a few good ideas on how to leave reviews. Good job once again!

PS. I find bathroom wall works better.
Kumquat21 chapter 10 . 10/28/2006
I fear I've done this before, but I hate it when it's done to me. As for really bad rash, I turned purple, broke out in boils, fell to the floor screaming, and died.

I fear I cannot think of a decent concrit for this, so for now, Kudos for you!
Kumquat21 chapter 9 . 10/28/2006
I love the names you come up with for this!
Kumquat21 chapter 5 . 10/28/2006
Um, I hate to bring it up, but you said Speel Check instead of Spell Check . . .
Kumquat21 chapter 3 . 10/28/2006
Ehem.

KYA! WRITEMOREWRITEMOREWRITEMORE! I LOVES IT! SO TEH GOODz0r!

Very fine job, it made me laugh.

I do not give flames.

I actually like annonymous reviewers. I treat them as equal, they're people too . . . I think . . .

Reveiws effect my story if it is critizm or gramatical help, but I never take plot suggestions.

That is all!
Terrance Riverdarb chapter 10 . 10/22/2006
good job keep writing xP
phantom-jedi chapter 11 . 10/8/2006
Even if it was somewhat...nonsensical, it was still helpful. Now the new reviewer knows what a flame is.

Does your humor carry over to your writing?

phantom_jedi
Sophie Ulquiorra Allen chapter 3 . 9/24/2006
In answer to your questions:

1. No. I believe that it may be based on how good my writing is. Also, the fact that I haven't written anything that speaks against any religious or cultural group, or talks about any world issues (such as homosexual marriages, etc.)

2. I do not mind whether the review is anonymous or signed. I value both types of reviews. I was an anonymous reviewer myself once.

3. Reviews affect what I write in terms of editing. They can sometimes boost me to carry on with a story, but very rarely.
Sophie Ulquiorra Allen chapter 2 . 9/24/2006
While you do make some excellent points here, I was wondering about your various spelling mistakes under rule #4. Were they intentional, or completely made in error? Just thought you should run through it with spellcheck.
Sakka-Fenikkusu chapter 11 . 9/18/2006
Dear Burnt Bread, I just read all of the rest of the chapters. I must say I loved them. I think the funniest part was when you said, "If you found this chapter really lagging in humor, please replace the meaning of RBR with Really Bad Rash." Good work with this story, and I'll be reading more of your works. -Sakka-Fenikkusu
Sakka-Fenikkusu chapter 3 . 9/18/2006
Dear Burnt Bread, I just read the first 3 chapters and I plan to read more. I like the way you put down all of the basics and make it remotely interesting / humorous. Answers to your Ch. 1.3 questions: 1) I have never flamed someone, I don't think. I've given, on occasion, harsh critique, but never told someone that they outright stank. 2) I don't mind anonymous reviews as long as they leave an e-mail address or something to contact them with. I trust their judgment as much as I do signed reviewers. 3) I can't lie. Reviews do affect what I write. I try to take into account their critique and change my stories for the better. I work pretty hard to please my fans. But I don't just veer off from where I'm going if someone doesn't like where the story's going.
174 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »