Reviews for underneath a desert sky
not sure yet chapter 1 . 1/3/2006
o wow, that was breathtakingly beautiful, incredible imagery and atmosphere, i adore it, excellent job
Silence the Storm chapter 1 . 1/2/2006
Wow...so brilliant. Vivid and astounding. Excellent work.
none of burt's beeswax chapter 1 . 1/1/2006
this is so beautiful. i love everything from "and you shine like..." to "...slowly dies." stunning imagery. gorgeous words. perfection
hey maria chapter 1 . 12/30/2005
Deserts are the most beautiful because when there's an endless stretch of boring yellow sand, you'll find a sprig of wildflowers or white blossoms on a cactus and it just stands out. And you've captured that sudden beauty in this poem. Good job.
Kusje chapter 1 . 12/30/2005
another one that i like to use irony or metaphors?hm, but keep it up.

]
crinkled aster ribbon chapter 1 . 12/30/2005
such pretty imagery!

you lie underneath skies/of dawn/watching the sky/squeeze out orange desert/through the tops of cactus/brimming the day with gold
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 12/30/2005
Oh, those last 5 lines are absolutely phenomenal. I love it. (BTW, I didn't mention it in my first review, but I posted 2 more poems, lol. Not that you need to review them or anything, but just letting you know.) Keep writing! :)
Autumn Dance chapter 1 . 12/29/2005
This has to be one of the most emotive, descritive and full almost juicy poems I have ever read in my life...It's packed! The description is none I have ever seen nor felt before. You use words that bring the vibrancy of it to life. "Pregnant..." Amazing.I can't pick out a favourite line because it's all so beautiful...It's like a fruit bowl or a painters palette. Orange, pink yellow, ultra violent- they are all these "violent" colors but put together they give the depiction- which I assume is correct- of a sunset. I adore stars and star formations and your use of stardust etc in this is so perfect- It fits really well. It's almost as though someone is lying down in a dessert somewhere just watching the sunset to dusk and to night. Maybe with someone they love...? It just is so magical and special. Like a photograph that captures a moment in time. Really beautiful...Well done! I am recommending this to my friends Plinky and Icewolf9. Take care and I will check out some more of your work...Love Autumn x
Plinky chapter 1 . 12/29/2005
Beautiful. Such vivid imagery. Beautiful poem! ; )
MagikMelody chapter 1 . 12/28/2005
wow. this poem is extraordinary. as yours always are, it was vivid and thought-provoking. but this one had such a nice rhythm to it so that when i read it to myself, i FELT the moments of greater passion and those of lesser, i connected with it. well done! cant wait for
Pink Sparrow chapter 1 . 12/28/2005
wow. this is so powerful. I love the imagery and just eveyrthing. Love the way its written. Nice work.
thursdays and rain chapter 1 . 12/28/2005
wow. awesome piece c:
I Found Myself At 24 chapter 1 . 12/28/2005
Beautiful! :)
Prevaricate chapter 1 . 12/28/2005
I really enjoyed this... until I got to the last stanza and that "u" jumped out at me. It ruined the flow, aesthetically speaking. The poem itself was very nice, though. You've got a knack for beautiful imagery... the words paint a very striking picture.

Prev'