Reviews for Let me tell you about my grandmother
lordelfy chapter 1 . 1/4/2006
wow...that seems like a hard life..i am sorry..it was a good poem...but really sad
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 12/30/2005
This is so weird (great piece let me say) but I’ve lived these words (in a way) My grandmother was born in Denmark and stayed there through WWII, she used to tell me stories about the Nazi’s and how during the occupation they would walk up and down the sidewalks outside her window- and from then on the sound of boots on floors freaked her out. She moved to American after the war, married my grandfather, had six children, 14 grandchildren (me included) and died in 2003 from complications with diabetes. We could be twined, you and I, on this subject, wonderful piece, it really brought me back.

Juliet.
swaggering curses chapter 1 . 12/30/2005
Very poignant, very personal, but that just makes it all the better. A wonderful telling of her through childhood and adulthood, and I like how you mixed little details ("drove a Cadillac") with the more important parts. And the "started smoking because there was nothing to eat" line is my absolute favorite. Wonderful, and I am sorry that you lost her.

By the way, bonus points for quoting "The Sound of Silence" in your profile. )