Reviews for Mirror of Shadows
LovelessAngel chapter 1 . 1/8/2006
poem is all too deep.I love it.
gitana chapter 1 . 1/6/2006
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Friedrich Nietzsche, Aphorism 146 from 'Beyond Good and Evil'

I was reminded forcibly of this quote while reading 'Mirror of Shadows'-analyzing poetry is a hobby of mine, and I could probably (quite easily) write a decent length paper on the sheer amount of strength and pyschology in this piece. Cheers! My favorite line? The last.

And since you so kindly offered (in your profile)... would you mind taking a glance at one of my poems?

Yrs.,

The Girl in the Cafe
WindWing chapter 1 . 1/3/2006
wow...beautiful. i love the idea of a person becoming the fear instead of the fear itself...amazing
Hate In The Form Of Passion chapter 1 . 1/2/2006
I remember onceThrough the doorway of memoryUnder the bed sheetsCornered by fearI decided to make it go awayI decided to become worse than my fearsTo be scarier than the monstersBy becoming one

Just so fucking amazingly wonderful and creepy. As I said before. I love it. And it's dedicated to me! Thank you.
I Found Myself At 24 chapter 1 . 1/2/2006
Love it. No other way to put it. You have a way with words, Matt, and always have. Excellent!
Deirdra Chaeli chapter 1 . 1/1/2006
I couldn't sleep, so I thought I'd review things. Well, now I might as well not go back to bed, because this is going to keep me up all night. The imagery and word choice are so well done that I can't help but be sucked in... awesome work.
Liebchen Rose chapter 1 . 1/1/2006
Creepy and dark. Really like this one darling. Really describes fear.