Reviews for Monster
som1 chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
I really liked the story. I especially appreciated the legitimate motivation for the character, which can be a rarity. He wasn't perfect, which is amazing.

Bravo!
Akebono Mitsuhide chapter 15 . 3/2/2009
VERY nice read. I like the combination of Batman, Deadpool, and... well, not The Hulk, but someone who actually has superstrength.

I loved the development of the character too - redemption isn't a new theme in superhero stories, but redemption of a WIFE-BEATER is a take that I feel gives the origin story a fresh feel to it. Furthermore, Jeremy's twisted body and his moral code in a twisted cityscape makes for some excellent dramatic contrast.

Well done... I hope your other works are as good as this. :)
SpawnMeister666 chapter 15 . 10/5/2006
This is a strange story. I'm not quite sure what to make of it. It all seems too implausible to me, but that could be something to do with the complete lack of sleep I've been getting lately, and my brain not working properly!

Spawny
Kusco1 chapter 15 . 2/16/2006
Wow, it's over. Well I liked it. The ending does seem a little anit-clamatic however. It's good that we have the whole origin but I don't know it just seems like it's missing something. Questions still linger about why Krista called him several chapters ago. Are you planning a sequel to this? Might be interesting now that he's known to the press. But either way it was a pretty good fic. Thanks for your comments on my fic. I will definetly take what you're saying under advisement as I am currently heavily revising it. Good work on your story though!
Kusco1 chapter 14 . 2/16/2006
Interesting take down with Comet. The fight was quite violent and it was good to see BD acknowledge it. Comet's plan seemed to fit in well with the character you established. Pretty darn good overall I must say.
Kusco1 chapter 13 . 2/13/2006
Very good chapter. It's nice to know how Jeremy got out of that situation. And we also got to see what probably would have happened if he had participated. Now we got to see what happens when he becomes Black Dragon. And of course see if he can catch comet. You do very good work on keeping the story moving and exciting. Each chapter brings with it a new sense of direction. As though the characters are headed to some unforseen destiny. Keep up the good work!
Kusco1 chapter 12 . 2/8/2006
I just wanted to comment on the story as a whole thus far. I'm really intrigued as to what's going to happen with the backstory. How is Jeremy going to fair in this prison break? He can't actually be helping them as that would mean he wouldn't get off for good behavior. The relationship with Krista is very interesting. You keep me guessing as to whether they will actually get back together or if she will forever remain his Holy Grail. As I mentioned before I enjoy the origin. Mostly because apart from the experiments its so normal. Jeremy wasn't some super evil genius or thug. He was just a reglar guy who did bad things. What he did was bad enough to want redemption. I also like the "Normalacy" of him changing by finding religion. It's not something superheroic but subtle and realistic. This all makes a story about superheroes very relatable. As far as advice. Just make sure to beta a bit. You don't have many big mistakes just a few here and there that need fixing. I certainly can relate to that! Good work and keep it up!
Kusco1 chapter 8 . 2/8/2006
I must say that I'm impressed with this story. I thought it would be okay but it's actually very very well written and entertaining. I usually only read one chapter a day of somebodies story but this one sucked me in and I read the whole thing! You've managed to create a very convincing character in Jeremy. The Black Dragon alter-ego is fun it's got a nice Batman flavor to it, but it's not overwhelming. I particularly like the origin that you've been building. Also I have to give you kudos for this particular scene. A lesser author might have had him simply fight Comet and that was that. You however confronted the fact that he would obviously have an aversion to hitting women. Very good!
Wyatt821 chapter 1 . 1/20/2006
I have only stared the story it is very good so far i dont know if i want to finish the rest of it because i had planed on doing a story almost exactly like this one next. I dont want one just like urs so ill scrap my idea i guess. But good job ill leave another review after i finish.
J.E.Wyatt chapter 5 . 1/15/2006
Wow, this is getting interesting. Please don't stop here! I'm usually not an action story reader, but as I am writing a story that needs action I decided to check this story out. Quite interesting! This Black dragon kinda reminded me of Batman .. . since Batman also wore black But yes, this hero of yours sounds very interesting. I hope that the next chapters shall be longer? lols, anyways, please do update.
With Rhyme and Reason chapter 1 . 1/8/2006
That's unfortunate. Some twisted part of me actually liked Ryan. That girl shouldn't have been dressing so provocatively anyway, in my opinion. After all, he just wanted some money. We all have a bit of greed in us.

This story is decent so far because you've immersed the reader in action right away, in Chapter One. It makes a person want to read more.
Naga-chan-in-wonderland chapter 1 . 1/3/2006
Interesting. I hope you plan on continuing this. It's a nice change of pace to see a superhero story written well.