Reviews for Beating the Game
araluth-the-ranger chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
At last! A male POV romance! I am tired of too many mary-sues! Anyway it was a funny first chapter, loving it :D I already like Patrick!
starlight-angel88 chapter 18 . 6/21/2010
Amazing story! Please kep writing!

:D
LyBhing chapter 18 . 6/17/2010
Sigh. I kind of don't really like Mari. [sniff] xD And I hate the fact that he'd do that to Hikari. Dx Blah, but I enjoy this story of yours. Keep up with the nonexistent updates?
whysgirlfriend chapter 18 . 6/15/2010
go pat!
chapsticklips chapter 8 . 6/14/2010
Definately enjoying this story, and I love that it's written from a male POV.. you generally don't get many of those on fictionpress, and if they are it's mostly just a few chapters every now and again from authors who like to change the POV every few chapters. Hmm, Patrick is definately in a little too deep, but I like that his sister is sitting on the sidelines at the ready to jump in when it gets too tough. He will definately need a support system if everything turns to shit (again).
chapsticklips chapter 6 . 6/14/2010
Dun dun dun.. return of the ex-girlfriend that caused Patrick some serious damage? Only assuming of course, lol. Also, I'm fully team Hikari, she and Patrick would make the perfect match.
hixy chapter 18 . 5/22/2010
hm im not sure if i like how much of a bastard he's becoming. or any of them for that matter.
hixy chapter 10 . 5/22/2010
yay! a GUY on fictionpress! never thought i'd see the day!

and to top it off... a guy who writes very entertaining romance stories. im lovin it
shiiiiiit chapter 7 . 5/22/2010
your a dude. wow and i was about to spit out all this praise about how well you were pulling off a male pov. but it turns out thats not as big as a accomplishment.. the fact your writing a romance fic- and doing a god job- well that is. so huzah and please don't lose interest in this story- because i won't.
Erin DJ chapter 18 . 5/19/2010
pls continue this
Mackenzie chapter 9 . 5/15/2010
Hi! Just started reading yesterday and I'm already hooked. A lot of high school stories are hard to read because the writer can't succesfully pull of the scene. And they always try to make their characters the loner, outcast who doesn't take crap from anyone.

And while Patrick is like that, he totally isn't annoying to read at all. In fact, Beating the Game is one of the better high school based stories I've read so far.

I love his personality! Great Job!

Continuing to read...now!
HPRK08 chapter 18 . 5/15/2010
So here's my review for the past 18 chapters.

Okay so first, I canNOT believe how much those two are playing it! Don't they get tired of all that plotting and scheming? I know I would. [Those two being Pat and Mari.]

And I definitely like Hikari, I think I like Pat-Hikari more than Pat-Mari. Can't wait for more about her backstory, later!

But PLEASE don't tell me they have sex in the next chapter? That would totally ruin Hikari's plan, wouldn't it? Unless Pat decides to be all cool and everything after it..

I can't believe how late I am, I've heard all about you from Myrika, but only got around to reading you now.

But you're even later! It's been, what, two YEARS since you last updated? : O Are we getting an update anytime soon, or hve you just given up altogether on this one? Please update. This is the best story I've read in a long time. :)

Loving your amazingly large vocab,

~~HPRK
Guest chapter 17 . 5/10/2010
I agree 200% with my overexcited roommate Maria! when she says that your story is awesome. It is. I was hooked from the first chapter and I spent all of French reading it (which was a much better way to spend it than writing a silly essay) Your characterization is really good, and I love Patrick's sarcasm, and I also think that you did a great job in writing the dialogue between him and Mari. I adore Hikari, she's such a breath of fresh air, and Derek and Katia have their redeeming qualities too. I'd love it if you'd update, just to let the thousands of readers that you probably have right now feel some satisfaction. That said, keep up the good work! :)
Maria chapter 15 . 5/10/2010
(this review sums up all the things I wanted to say for those really really nice 18 chapters I've read for the past few days)

I've heard about you from Myrika's author notes but I haven't got the time to finally read your stories hehe :) but I love your story, and I'm quite depressed (yes, I am quite depressed because I actually like Patrick) and i think my roommate too is quite depressed, seeing as i got her hooked on this story.

well, i doubt you still read the reviews by now because it's like , what, 2010? and you haven't updated in TWO years so I doubt I'll ever get to read the next chapters. But uhm, I really really really like Patrick and I find his ego and sarcasm really amusing. Marielle kind of reminds me of a character in the Private Series so yeah, I kind of like her too but I have to say, my favourite character is Sato (I forgot how to spell her first name LOL never been so good with japanese names). I guess maybe it's also because I have a soft spot for asian characters..

So anyway, the only reason for me writing this obscenely long review is really because i'm in love with this story. I was sad when Myrika removed her stories from fp and moved to live journal and being a lazy ass, I can't be bothered to go to LJ. It's been two years since you updated this story and i know you probably forgotten about this but yeah, just letting you know that there are people who are still reading this. :D :D so yeah, have fun and also, i hate you for getting me hooked on to Patrick. because now, he's just.. hanging there.

(on a side note, your english makes me want to cry because it's just so damn good) oh yes, and please excuse my bad bad grammar because i come from malaysia and the only books i read are harry potter and princess diaries.

so, byebye lord iron balls.

xx,

maria k, :)
Guest chapter 18 . 5/3/2010
so... its been like two years since you updated, and of course i just found this, became completely obsessed, devoured what you had written... and wanted to cry when it became quite clear that you've abandoned it.

anyways, really great what you've written. You're really talented, and getting to read a male perspective is a rare interesting prospect.
1,173 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 .. Last Next »