Reviews for Beating the Game
getoverforever chapter 18 . 6/11/2011
Very, very, refreshing to see a real male point of view, written by a male author. Loved to original plot of the story, but wish I would know just how the story ends. I loved how flawed and almost cocky Patrick was, and the all the witty conversations between him and Marielle. Hope to see this story finished someday.
ChemicalHazzard chapter 18 . 6/3/2011
I was really seriously contemplating whether or not to review for a number of reasons.

One: You haven't updated in like years and that's just rude

two: You already have like 1000 reviews despite the issue of lack of updating, which angers me.

three: I freaking HATE Mari whatsherface, becuase she's so smug and I don't want her to get with Pat becuase he's awesome and so perfectly flawed.

For starters I would just like to say that you're charaterisation of Pat is faultless, I love it so much and the tone of the story is fucking hilarious. Only problem I have is that the three main charaters i.e Hikari, Mari and Pat are way too similiar which equals too much smart talk for my brain to handle.

I like the fact that although it is a highschool based story it's not completely cliche. I say "completely" because the whole social status, head cheerleader at the top of the school food chain thing is annoying. Does that even exist, I mean there are people that think they're awesome but everyone know's they're not, so it's not the same. I dunno, maybe it's becuase I live in London. But anywhom, social status is the whole basis of the story so I'll let you off.

Lastly, you probably won't see this becuase according to my calender it is 2011 and the last time this was updated was 2008. By my guess (and obesessive stalking of your author's note) you're in your mid twenties and getting on with your life, and have therefore forgotten about this story. 'Tis a pity I must say, I've seen it around fp for a while and only bothered to read it a few days ago and it did not dissapoint. I hope that encourages you to write in the future I guess.

Also, I literally LOLed at the whole crazy ex girlfriend thing. Is that wrong? I found her hilarious. Your life sounds like a sitcom. That's wrong and should delete it but I'm tired so bye!
addicted-roxe chapter 5 . 5/25/2011
Finally! An author who appreciates the Machiavellian society. I loved Patrick. There's great characterization and dialogue most authors fail to do. It's great you're not stereotyping already stereotypical characters.

I enjoy these manipulative games of Patrick and how he can wrap different people around his finger. Although I find him saying unnecessary things especially to people he knows wouldn't understand what he's saying. Like how he blabbed about Machiavelli to those football players or just keep shooting sarcastic comments to different people more than necessary.

I don't know maybe that's just me.

Although I love his point of view: Darwinian society. Very Smart.
Unless-52 chapter 18 . 5/23/2011
Wow.I like this story. To tell you the truth, I haven't really caught any grammar or spelling mistakes in your story-so good job!

This is a really good story with an interesting plot-I like how he's the 'not-so-popular-one' and she's the queen of the school, very original.

You have a good writing style, and I can tell you don't just rush through with chapters and actually think everything over-or else you're doing a damn good job at rushing through.

Good job and good luck!

~Miyako
reader.anonymous chapter 18 . 5/22/2011
Cant believe i've just stumbled upon this story today! after so many years of reading so many crappy stories on fp! anyway, love your Pat, his acerbic tongue and witty comebacks made my day!
faye1071 chapter 11 . 5/15/2011
Again pleaded give some sort of update. It just sucks to just wonder forever
faye1071 chapter 1 . 5/12/2011
I know I just reviewed but I forgot to mentoon my favorite thing about the story. The chemistry between Patrick and mari. It's excellent! But I want to know hwr real motives. Anyway at least post something on your bio so I can know is there is no hope
faye1071 chapter 18 . 5/12/2011
Holy cow will we ever know what happens? Great story, you give your characters so much depth! I really really want to know what happens though it gas been over two years so I doubt I'll ever know. Anyway great story!
A Dreamer Always chapter 18 . 3/22/2011
D: OH! And it was just getting good! How could you not update for more than 3 YEARS! What's wrong with you xS I need to know what happnes next! I need to know what happens now! I won't be able to sleep tonight because of you *goes to bed muttering voodoo*
MorbidArtistLover chapter 18 . 3/9/2011
I really really don't want Pat and Mari to get back he needs to get with Hikari and I already feel sorry for Derek..poor guy O(;w;)O This is the first story I ever read from a guys' point of view and he isn't a homosexual...and I love it because he is far from perfect and has sarcastic combat for everybody. I love he isn't afraid to hit a girl if she is;pardon my foreign language;a !

P.S. Hikari has to be loving the Pat...

P.S.S. I want a sister like Katia...
WinterInk24 chapter 18 . 2/13/2011
aw. I like Hikari. Kind of hoping that Pat goes with her. Kinda of. But pretty sure Mari and Pat going to get together. Oh well *sigh* I shall do my own little fantasies later. Great writing as usual. I love how your characters as so conniving. Well except Derek. He sounds like a sweet heart. And all those other side characters act like actual high schoolers. Obsessed with gossip and parties. Mari, Morrison, and Hikari are a dangerous combination. So much games, confusion. and lust. Definetly lust. Hope to see an update soon.
WinterInk24 chapter 3 . 2/13/2011
Oh. I wonder who made Morrison so jaded. But, wow. My high school is so boring. I can't really imagine or understand a school taht has such a social class that focuses so much about image and promiscuity. Can't say I have warmed up to Morrison. Still think he's too full of himself. Like Marielle still. Can't wait to see who will come of this freak relationship teh head bitch. :p
WinterInk24 chapter 2 . 2/13/2011
I like Marielle. :D She looks like she can handle Morrison. I can imagine those two just sittign around and throwing insults at one another just for teh fun of it. I don't normally like to read high school fics that have over the top vindictive queen bees and blah, but this one seems promising.
WinterInk24 chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
o-o This Morrison character is an ass. This chapter title correctly labelled him as an arrogant asshole. A positive is that he's painfully blunt. I respect, but he's still a dick. :D
Ellison P. Asantewa chapter 18 . 2/8/2011