Reviews for Beating the Game
meerkatz chapter 18 . 10/9/2010
I've finished this story within three or so days. That's a record for me on FictionPress - unless it's something really good, I end up finishing the story by the tenth (or eleventh, depends) chapter. This was really good. Really, really good. It's so original, the way it's written, the perception of the main character - the main character himself, and all the sadists he surrounds himself with. It' ironic; this should be another one of those clichéd high school dramas but really and truly and honestly... it's nothing of the sort. I am so very impressed with this story, I loved it so much and I think you’re very talented. I mean, yes, the way Patrick is so ignorant yet so smart but too calculating irritates me to no end - but that's the point right? Dramatic irony and all that. Anyway, to get to the point, I loved the story, loved this chapter, and I am hoping, praying, pleading you update. Soon. But it seems unlikely as your last chapter was updated, what, two years ago? Pfft. Just my luck. Whatever, I'll find something to interest me meanwhile. But, unfortunately for little ole me, I'm going to be comparing ever other FP story to yours and that'll leave me with having to actually face the mess that is my own story. Thanks a lot.

But really, without sarcasm, thanks a lot - I really enjoyed your story and hope, pray, plead that you'll update sooner than later when - and I do mean ‘when’, my attention span isn't known to be the best (neither is my patience limit) - I forget about it. Don't worry though, something will eventually bring me back to this work of art.

Now - that being the longest review I have EVER written, EVER - I'm done. Ta-ta.
KJ's Manuscript chapter 18 . 10/9/2010
Pat's voice was really authentic and funny that I couldn't stop reading until I was at the last chapter.

Brilliant

Kj
lrstar123 chapter 1 . 10/7/2010
This is one of the best stories I've read on FP. Although Patrick is a 'bad boy' he has a charm and intelligence to him that sets him far apart from the usual stereotypical leather-clad motor-bike riding bores. As well, the thought of the head cheerleader actually being intelligent and kind is a nice break from the mold. Overall, you've created an intriguing story that draws the reader in. In fact, it's working so well I've been seriously proctrastinating my year 12 study! There isn't a single thing I'd change about this story - it's a rare piece of practically flawless fiction. Congrats! :)
Ghostsammeo chapter 3 . 10/4/2010
Nice, the last to chapters were well written and the story is developing at just the right pace for my liking.
Ghostsammeo chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
This was good, really well written and so far with an interesting character in Patrick. I would like to get a proper description of him soon, just so I can get a proper feel for the character. Other than that it was great, I didn't see any mistakes! I've subscribe to this story, Can't wait to read on.
Ryhona chapter 18 . 9/18/2010
"I almost groaned out loud. "Just what I always wanted. A starring role in a high school drama. Romantic fodder for idealistic fifteen year old girls everywhere."

I'm highly offended! I happen to love this romantic fodder for the idealistic fifteen year old girls everywhere. In fact, I happen to be one of those idealistic fifteen year old girls everywhere. (And I'll let you in on a secret:...I kinda like it! Shh...Don't tell anyone!) I've noticed that your writing style changed? That wouldn't have anything to do with your girlfriend now, would it? -wink, wink-

I really like Eferisone's description of Patrick. It's quite viable. Woo...well, I'd tell you to update soon, but OBVIOUSLY that hasn't happened in the past two years, so just update whenever you find is a good time. Which will probably be another three years from now, when I'm completely done with FictionPress. (Just kidding!)
Ryhona chapter 17 . 9/18/2010
And here I was thinking there'd be more to the Mysterious Past than just a few random hook ups. -pouts-
Ryhona chapter 16 . 9/18/2010
Yeah, I really can't tell what the characters look like...maybe you should go online and find pictures that you think they resemble? I dunno; it'd probably be easier to make the story more realistic that way. On the other hand, if you were looking at the story as a whole, it'd probably be easier to look through the characters eyes as your own, you know?

Ah, heck. I'm just ramblin'.
Ryhona chapter 15 . 9/18/2010
"I wasn't surprised; even I, cynical bastard that I was, had a serious soft spot for the guy."

Any softer and Pat'll be coming out of the closet. But I think that his appetite for Mari is stronger than pasta. And...is that flirting I see between Hikari and our beloved (yet sarcastic) main character? Maybe I'm reading too much into the situation, huh?
Ryhona chapter 14 . 9/18/2010
Damn, I totally didn't see Marielle and Derek coming...however, I have the absolute pleasure of telling you that I DID see Hikari's comment coming. Oh, and Mari's jealousy.
Ryhona chapter 13 . 9/18/2010
Not as graphic as I'd thought it'd be...but then again, you ARE a guy. (Not trying to insult you or anything; it's just that girls are usually WAY more descriptive with their mature content...ehe). Anywhoo, ignore my suggestive talk. I did think the scenes were the bit rushed; however the hate/lust thing works out fine, so we're all good!
Ryhona chapter 12 . 9/18/2010
"There are two ways a person can deal with a schoolwide Silent Treatment."

I like the second one best.
Ryhona chapter 11 . 9/18/2010
Jeezus, I think I just about died when I read your FAQ.(Especially the second one!) I'm seriously doubting Marielle's humanity. I mean, come on! That hot of a make out session, and she can STILL pull herself together? She's gotta be a robot, I know it! o.O
Ryhona chapter 10 . 9/18/2010
Why do I feel as if this isn't over yet? Apart from the eight other chapters, waiting to be read? Well, better get back to the Game. ;D
Ryhona chapter 9 . 9/18/2010
"I sleep like the dead."

I'm absolutely the same. And, what the hell is he thinking, that Pat...on another note, I knew Mari was up to something. I just didn't know she was that much of a schemer. Well. Proved me wrong.
1,173 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 .. Last Next »