Reviews for Beating the Game
Ryhona chapter 8 . 9/18/2010
I was grinning my way through the make-out session (no, I am NOT a perv). I could totally see where the scene was heading!
Ryhona chapter 7 . 9/18/2010
If it was any other guy but Patrick, I would've ranted about domestic abuse. But it was great...except, I was a bit disappointed. While it was a bit messy, the past was really all that "dark". I hope you'll have more dirt in the coming chapters.
Ryhona chapter 6 . 9/18/2010
"Of course, the whole thing is really an elaborate game invented by women so they have an excuse to ask the question "Does this make me look fat?" and withhold sex for a month."

Damn he's funny. Oh, I can feel the past bubble up!
Ryhona chapter 5 . 9/18/2010
"What in the world are you planning?"

What IS he up to? Also, it'd be better if you get rid of the review responses at the bottom of the chapter A simple author's note will do. I promise. :)
Ryhona chapter 4 . 9/18/2010
Only one suggestion in this chapter; you might want to break up the paragraphs so it doesn't look so bunched together in some places. Otherwise, it all looks good!
Ryhona chapter 3 . 9/18/2010
I should've figured, the Mysterious Past. There's one in all of them...but gotta love the suspense that builds up with every chapter. Can't wait to see where Pat's and Mari's "relationship" will take them.
Ryhona chapter 2 . 9/18/2010
"Plus, I know you like my ass."

Best part of the chapter. :D
Ryhona chapter 1 . 9/18/2010
The beginning is a bit cliched, but then again, that's why I'm on FP, right? I really like your writing style, and the cynical male perspective is very refreshing.
Natsuki33 chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
Okay. I have to admit the first time I'm reading this I was cynical.

At first I was thinking "Is this worth my time?"

And my answer now? Yes.

This is one of the most interesting story I've ever read on FP. Full of deceit and a very fresh nice change of the very typical stories here.

This is a story made with a lot of thinking, not just pure feelings alone. This is a mind game.

And I have to admit, I have been blown away.

The plotline is simply amazing, the way you told it from Patrick's POV is mind blowing. I love his way of thinking, his view on his surroundings. He's such an amazing guy. Yes, he maybe is a jerk sometimes but heck, I love him. So, kudos to you for being able to make me go interested in Patrick.

Now Meri... where should I start? I have to admit, I didn't think that she would be that cunning. And you have proven to surprise me. She's such a seductress and a great opponent of Patrick. She's the epitome of Patrick in a female form (in terms of mind game)

Hikaru, the master of all journalists. Well, she may seems small and harmless. But oh, she can bite. And hard, too. Your way of writing her makes her seems so interesting and now it's getting pure exciting. Who knows what is her true intention after all? Is it love? Or is it just for pure her own satisfaction of crushing down a seductress. Or is it maybe to see two players going down at the same time?

Well, this seems like a long review. And even though I hate to stop, I don't want to agonize you with an even longer review.

This story has made me actually think while reading it.

Nuff said.
Rilan Morr chapter 18 . 8/23/2010
OK, wow? I have got to say that I've REALLY enjoyed this story. And I so love how it's a guy's POV rather than a girl. A little different to what I'm use to, but I'm getting use to it :) I like it, though. Some girls, I've noticed, that try to pull off the guy POV fail and fall flat on their faces, because well, the guy sounds way more like girl to be a guy! Or maybe that's just my opinion... OK, anyway. I noticed the last time you updated this was like two years ago, and I'm really hoping that this isn't the end. I like how Patrick and Mari seem to be playing little games, and all that. I don't know, but I just do. Not good enough of an explanation, I know! But really, I just don't know why. I know some people are like, hoping Hikari doesn't try anything else, but I'm going to say that I DO hope she does. I mean, come on. Every story needs a not so favorited character, right?

Except with me, she's one of my favorite. I love her name. I actually know a Hikari and she's nothing like this one.

OK, so I'm blahing so much that I have my own freakin' scroll bar, haha! So I'll just stop right here, hoping that you do update! :))
CynicalRomantic09 chapter 1 . 8/7/2010
An interesting first chapter. I love the writing style and the introduction of Patrick. And the fact that even though he's labeled a nerd because he's smart, he's not really.

However, I do have to disagree with him his claim to have social skills. Sure, he can talk to pretty girls without stammering all over himself, but based on first impressions, his attitude is in need of major adjustment. Having social skills doesn't necessarily mean being able to talk without himming and hawing. He layed into her in front of a crowd of people and while it certainly appears that would have been the only way to get through to Melanie (and that she most likely deserved it), the exchange could have been done in private. I don't know, I guess it's only the first chapter, though. Lol. I'll just have to see how he interacts with other people besides Queen Bitches.

That being said, I still like his character so far. He seems like he'll be an interesting one to keep up with.
je m'appelle chapter 18 . 8/1/2010
NEED. MORE.

Seriously, this story is so well-written, and there's never a dull moment. But you haven't updated in two years and I'm terrified that you'll never update.

So, please?
araluth-the-ranger chapter 4 . 7/22/2010
If Marielle is beginning to fall for Pat, I think I can understand why. Great chapter!
araluth-the-ranger chapter 3 . 7/22/2010
I'm totally hooked now... What is going on with his past? Anyway I can't wait to read the next chapter, So I am going to now.
araluth-the-ranger chapter 2 . 7/22/2010
I am hooked with this story! The reason why I'm reviewing again is because I want to follow your work (as well as some of the other authers) on PH. You are an awesome writer :D
1,173 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 .. Last Next »