Reviews for The Barricade
Magdalena Bruhaha chapter 11 . 5/21/2008
This story is so terribly sad.

I wish you hadn't stopped it.
Back of Beyond chapter 11 . 4/17/2008
Great story, hope you update it again soon. :]
TRSNG chapter 11 . 2/26/2008
This story is so pretty, I hope you are still inspired to finish it. i'd love to know what happens
Pundit chapter 11 . 2/16/2008
I loved it. It was bittersweet and melancholy with a perfect ending. Kudos.
decline chapter 11 . 11/18/2007
this story is really interesting. i enjoyed the timeskip in chapter 10, and am looking forward to flynn and lucas meeting again...
The Fable Fairy chapter 11 . 5/18/2007
This chapter isn't tedious, it's good. The last chapter was a bit boring though (chap. 10). I get that the info is important to the story, I think you should try to pass that information in less space - make it shorter. Otherwise great story.
Orangeena chapter 11 . 5/3/2007
Excellent story. Another one I've been missing out on.. never fails to amaze me.

I was kind of upset when Lucas let Fynn go after the wedding ceremony, but I thought he handled the situation very well. It was obvious Fynn had his priorities all screwed up... perhaps he's realized the true importance of things after all the years. I wonder how he's handled them without the person he loves in his life?

Again, I love this... I hope you update frequently :)
Zebbie chapter 11 . 5/2/2007
I love your writing. Sorry to be unhelpfully a-critical and all, but it's true. You wrap the reader up in Lucas' world so convincingly that it turns to a film in my head. And I'm not sure what I mean by that because I don't think a film would do this justice (so many pitfalls to overcome - bad acting, bad directing, bad editorial decisions). You play off the realism of the world with a kind of almost depressed feeling which permeates all of the chapters. It's very "real love" (the kind that doesn't come without a bucket load of pain, but is all the more longed for because of it). Hits my romance cravings bang on!

Zeb. xx
linedstained frameless chapter 3 . 4/30/2007
YOU are ONE genius writer! I loved this paragraph "She didn’t understand that when he bit his lip he was either scared or thinking of something that amused him or that when he avoided your gaze he was frustrated…or…or that when he walked away…that he truly did love you and that he would come back while you were asleep and watch you until he eventually also succumbed to slumber. But he wouldn’t be back this time." Over all, your story IS one of the best I've ever read. Keep Writing! Please do
D.J. Tucker chapter 11 . 4/29/2007
My God! I've waited for this chapter for such a long time. Again, the writing is superb.

I LOVE the imagery and personification of the memory coming through the door. It was beautifully done. You're an excellent writer.
Venus Immortelle chapter 1 . 4/9/2007
lol this was absolutely charming and adorable. ]
Spawn of Hell chapter 10 . 4/4/2007
I haven't reviewed anything in a while. I've been ranting about how many disastrous fics there are on this site and my sister presented me with a suggestion. Go read the barricade by sundown. so after a few days of her saying that, i complied. and here i am, frankly pleased with this fic. The non-chronological story plot is well-developped along with the characters. They seem to hold a complexity thats often found missing in other fics. i get an impression of watching the story unfold from afar(a consequence of the time leaps, i think) but at the same time im right there with the characters feeling their pain. id be more than interested in reading some more of this. finally something completely satisfactory. thanks a lot for a good reading. keep the good work up.
mandrake-o chapter 10 . 3/25/2007
This is an awesome story. I probably use the word 'awesome' far too often, but oh well. I like your characters and how your plot picks up without all the angst of the "just tell your parents" etc.

) Mandraco.
The Ferrett chapter 1 . 3/18/2007
This is a decent enough thought process intermized with sparse dialogue, but it works which is a plus. To start at the wedding was a nice work as well. see you at chap 2.
Zebbie chapter 10 . 3/9/2007
First off - your characterization is truly outstanding. Most published fiction doesn't have characters as three-dimensional, genuinely believable and empathy inducing as Lucas. You are 100 percent inside his head and you let us in too.

Your story is tight and together. Your plot has no excess bits chucked in just for the sake of interest. In short, I love this and you rock. I wish I could write as unself-consciously and naturally as you do.

Please keep the story going to the end.

Zeb.