Reviews for Rib
the.pink.life chapter 1 . 8/2/2006
Damn. All your poetry is so sophisticated. You manage to bring all these images to this poem, simple as it seems, that are elegant and deep - the implications of writing something like this are huge, yet you don't shy away from saying what's on your mind. I admire you for that. Keep writing! :)
missmeghanh chapter 1 . 3/30/2006
i'm not sure if i should say morbid, but i am. reminds me of the late night horror movies and the stories that the nuns would read to me about the crusifiction of the 'almighty jesus' i like this.
Allis Dalline chapter 1 . 3/16/2006
Quite disturbing, but so symbolic and thought-provoking. Seems almost prophetic, in a way...

Interesting read.

C*C
Edraith chapter 1 . 2/11/2006
Powerful poem, amazing imagery. Ut really got me thinking. It is difficult to interpret - to me it seems you speak about Christ, there is this mixed element of adoration/ love ("kiss") and hurting/ killing ("sink my teeth into"), and He expressly invites the speaker to do so. Reminds me of Christ's words "eat my flesh and drink my blood". I love the element of empathy in "I feel his death march like a wounded girl". The last teo lines are enigmatic, does it refer to Adam and original sin, or does "of your creation" mean that the speaker's wrongdoing has caused this suffering, or something completely different. Whatever, this is a very interesting, intriguing poem. It's going on my favourites.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 2/4/2006
verypowerful.. shorter than your usual work but amazing
Gilee7 chapter 1 . 1/23/2006
Very strange poem indeed. I think I read the first line in the wrong way, because it was very akward sounding at first. But now it seems fine. This poem has some very creepy imagery and a creepy, nightmarish tone. Even cult like.

I can definitely see how this was based on a dream.

I have a lot of reviewing to catch up on (and a lot of classwork, too!). It's really late, so I should probably head to bed if I hope to wake up in another 4 hours and go to school. I love reading your poems. I had forgotten just how incredibly talented you. You seem to consistently crank out all these amazing poems as if it's super easy, which it evidently is for you, but that's gotta make a lot of other poets on this site incredibly jealous.

I'll try and rip through the rest of your recent updates tomorrow (today). Until then ...

Write on!
catseyeview chapter 1 . 1/19/2006
it's surreal...I like it!
Haberdasher chapter 1 . 1/13/2006
very thoughtful, it feels something like a nightmare, though not frightening. very interesting. not too sure you need the parenthesis but it doesnt detract so i suppose it doesnt matter. i liked the last lines, sounds like something a preacher would say. (but then that could be the idea...) nicely done. -the Lady Elaine
the naked civil servant chapter 1 . 1/10/2006
wow... i am liking the absurdity. this may actually have to be my favourite poem of yours. very... hum... powerful. amazing. thank you :
Shade chapter 1 . 1/9/2006
This made me think of Jesus... and probably for a very good reason too. Very good, I love how even your shortest poems can still be just as hard hitting. Good work!
breezy nostrils chapter 1 . 1/8/2006
wow, it's really interesting. such a beautiful metaphor. keep on going!
Pink Sparrow chapter 1 . 1/7/2006
Wow, I love how its written. The description was excellent. Love it.
Chandra-Moon chapter 1 . 1/6/2006
I've always wanted to have a lucid dream. I acutally sort of had one once, when I realized that I was dreaming, so I punched my father (lol), but then when I tried to fly, it wouldn't work. I must have lost it very quickly.

I really have no idea what this is about-I get the bible allusions, which, I am usuualy awful at. I am going to say this is about a dream you had, where someone you have a relationship acts like a martyr-and this is like a dream metaphor.

Good writing, at least, even if I'm too dim to understand :-P.
Tr APeze-sWiNGer chapter 1 . 1/6/2006
I like it! It's really unusual and abstract with beautiful imagery.
a lonely september chapter 1 . 1/6/2006
oh wow... this was beautifully written. i loved it. this poem is on my favorites.