Reviews for Rib
HellHeartedlyBent chapter 1 . 1/6/2006
now im hungry...but that was very pretty _
wildchild33 chapter 1 . 1/6/2006
i approve... two thumbs way up!
les petits bateaux chapter 1 . 1/6/2006
Quite morbid, but I love the descriptions. Excellent job jere.
Dyrielle chapter 1 . 1/6/2006
Interesting piece! ) I like your imagery, the gore of it all. xP

And yea, but it can be quite a chore sometimes. Visiting relatives you're not even close to, and just sitting in the living room, stoning for a few hours while your parents play cards and stuff. xP It's not all that fun, but well, it has its good parts too. D Thanks for the comment anyway! -hugs-
not sure yet chapter 1 . 1/5/2006
o wow

strange and evocative and beautifully grotesque, all at the same time

love love love it

incredible poem
account not in use chapter 1 . 1/5/2006
it so brutal, like watching the re-enactment of a murder. it's safe and no one is being hurt at that moment, but you still shake with the force of it.
AboveTheSalt chapter 1 . 1/5/2006
adam or jesus, anyone?
hoowdoideletethisaccount chapter 1 . 1/5/2006
Well, I gotta admit, this disturbed me. Maybe my interpretation of this poem is totally skewed though. I dunno. I'm seeing Jesus and the cross, in this imagery "I kiss nailed flesh / humble cheekbones" "definition / of dead boys / hanging on wooden posts / I feel his death march" I wonder if that's what you meant? Or if I'm just off my rocker? Your poetry is always so evocative, and you have so many different insights into things... Anyway, now I'd be really interested to hear the story behind this poem. Every poem has a story
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 1/5/2006
can I whore myself to you? please? pretty please? (alright, that is gross and really unflattering but I have nothing else really to say after reading this).

except...

ZOMG!1!

*FAVS*

I love this, the implied meaning and just how grotesquely attractive (what an oxymoron!) this poem was. lovelovelove that it deals with my religion in such a nuetral manner (I believe so, then again I take it in thirty completely different ways). Adam and Eve just fascinate me and this poem dealing with creation just...

*sparkle, sparkle*

like a jewel.

"sink my teeth/definition of dead boys" line just fascinates me in so many ways. it is such a prettypretty line.

love this. love this. love this!

* noelle
KwazyKandyPie chapter 1 . 1/5/2006
wow. that's an interesting way of looking at things. the imagery is quite...eh, gory. amazing poem. -kwazykandypie AKA Kelly Ann-
Fabian Cortez chapter 1 . 1/5/2006
Powerful work as always from one of the best writers on this site.

Very Well Done

KEEP WRITING!

F.C
Kriss-C chapter 1 . 1/5/2006
That was unusal.. Kind of had to think about it.. but good poem..
Bronzeage chapter 1 . 1/5/2006
Very good. I like your vivid piece would fit well in the love poems.
in theory chapter 1 . 1/5/2006
This is instantly (by far) the tastiest thing I've taken from your little nest-offering of slanted ideas of reality. I'm not entirely sure (after rereading again) that your implied meaning was the same as what I understood.

I took from this that men are supreme not because of a pliable reason, but just because they think they are. Maybe some laws and etc are in force to strangle the progression of women, but it's barely as bad as it was in the past (I always have huge arguments with my sociology teacher about this subject..) Because women were created from men, it's been presumed that men were the first gender, perfect etc. And that's just from a Christian perspective, lordy knows how many other angles this could be viewed from (I'm aimed from a nondenominational ex-Christian view).

I was having a conversation with a friend the other day about the whole adam/eve thing, I want to write it out of my system somehow but I can't structure it. I might just do it anyways and see how it turns out. I don't want it to become like many of my past poems though, women-are-amazing-men-are-idiots etc. (The idea I had was about the gender of God, I'll explain another time because I'm on a break from college and have to go) Shalom, and this is truly stunning (just to remind ya!).

J
elegiac lies chapter 1 . 1/4/2006
this is really powerful! the line that most stood out to me was "definition/of dead boys/hanging on wooden posts...", perhaps due to the alliterative d. Actually, "bite down/he says/and taste/the rib/of your creation" is equally powerful, however all of it makes one excellent poem.
30 | « Prev Page 1 2