Reviews for Stain
dirty windows chapter 1 . 8/11/2006
This was so beautifully dark.

"just like a photograph by threads of near-white like a spider’s web in the corner and her lips were stained with red" Such a vivid portrait that makes me want to swoon. I can just see "her" in a darkened cabin by a lake.
R.J. Crosbie chapter 1 . 2/9/2006
i read this over a few times, and then the more i got into it, the more i envisioned a broken mirror and an injured face. maybe that's not what you meant in a poem, but that's what it made me think of. and then i thought it was so powerful. good job!
Tikklz chapter 1 . 1/11/2006
I love this piece. I think you achieved what every angsty teenager tries to when they write poems about hating their reflections, and ruin every attempt. This, though, is utter perfection. Everything about it I love. A Fav.
a lonely september chapter 1 . 1/7/2006
i think this is one of your bests so far, so beautifully written & descriptive. wonderful job.
Infinite Smiles chapter 1 . 1/6/2006
*my mouth is dropping* That was so beautiful that it is going in my faves. I love it. The descriptions were exquisite. Just...Wow.
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 1/6/2006
Wow. Excellent imagery and flow to this. Remarkable, especially,"trying out happiness-but it feels false, just another little lie-that tears with greedy fingers", this really stands out in this sea of vividry.
sloppy firsts chapter 1 . 1/6/2006
Um. i think this might be your best work yet. love the paradox of the perfect blue outside to her red made up self. 'trying out happiness' should be published. i think everyone feels that way, at least i do. when i'm particularly sad and i try to smile but it feels so incredibly fake.

is she the stain? you mean the flaw? i don't think so. but what do i know eh? so...is she the stain? P