Reviews for Dusk
Cole Culain chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
This is a review squad review for the review marathon.

a nice poem, and good for free verse.

Your style here is interesting, because while the poem flows well without reading the parenthesis, it adds a second voice layered on the first. It makes the overall thing a tad confusing, but it is still very good.

My favorite part would have to be the last line. While the rest of the poem is deep, that line sums up all the parental feelings a person can have. I remember an adult I look up to say the same thing when I was five. It just really resonated with me.
Starfire17 chapter 1 . 8/2/2008
Another great poem. Love the brackets and the switch between the words and the sayings/thoughts they seem to trigger. The feeling of overprotection and maternal feelings is conveyed wonderfully and the poem seems to provide an insight into the mother/notmother's head. Wonderful job again!
PunK.cHEw.AsIAn chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
This is so lovely and sad. A definite fave
Aomera chapter 1 . 12/18/2007
another clever layout or whatever you call it! love this one too, great understanding.
TaltushMeiMei chapter 1 . 5/7/2006
That poem was so random, it just kind of went off on its own little thing. I like it! )
Needa S chapter 1 . 3/30/2006
Great flow, great job.
A Face Worth Remembering chapter 1 . 3/19/2006
Aw. Its kinda cute. Kinda sad, but cute. Love the format, adds a certain...something
Lellida chapter 1 . 3/13/2006
Really sad and kind of creepy. I like all of the little sayings you used in the parentheses, especially the cookies on the counter one.
LauraKM chapter 1 . 2/13/2006
I really liked this, especially the last line. The brackets work really well.
HauntedMisery chapter 1 . 1/28/2006
This is an awesome poem, sorry i have not been reviewing as usual, i need to get caught up :-)
Sacred-Phoenix-Nephthys chapter 1 . 1/28/2006
I like your style of writing, it is very unique, and it goes in well with what you write_ Well done!
Arista Black chapter 1 . 1/26/2006
I like the line about the cookie jar. Well done.
catseyeview chapter 1 . 1/22/2006
again! wow! you take the everyday, the "odd behavior we all hold and thrust into the world"
queenvixta chapter 1 . 1/22/2006
This is so beautiful, powerfully written and a moving piece. Great writing, well done! QueenVixta
Cry Tears of Darkness chapter 1 . 1/13/2006
hi hies, wow sorry its been so long.. i must say, damn uve writing still rocks! its great. and i like the bracketted lines. adds to the poem ;)