Reviews for The Dusty Window
chaos called creation chapter 1 . 1/14/2006
Amazing metaphor on how people rather pretend they're seeing something magical through tinted glass than just seeing clearly through something unremarkable like a street lamp. Very unique.
Morcirith chapter 1 . 1/13/2006
dusty eyes! i thought of "The Large Glass" by marcel duchamp...only because it is, literally, a dusty window. yeah...carolinians.
karmakaze chapter 1 . 1/11/2006
Interesting idea. Just a simple statement that could lead to a lot of open-ended thought. Great work.
ChildofRevelation chapter 1 . 1/10/2006
True on so many levels. I thought it was beautiful. A poem that tells everyone what they don't really want to hear but already know. That's what makes it so good. to me at least.
blacklives4ever chapter 1 . 1/9/2006
I've noticed that you like to get us to feel what you're feeling, then add something to jerk us out of the mood. It's really interetsing how you do that. I noticed it also in the butterfly one, too, with the plane coming out of nowhere. You have a distinct style that kind of knocks me out of it so suddenly that the only thing that comes to mind is "well, that came outta left field."

This one made me smile. You have a real knack for this and I look forward to read more of your work, but that'll have to wait until tomorrow. It's bedtime for me.

Great job. You're extremely talented, I love it.
breezy nostrils chapter 1 . 1/9/2006
interesting...and a fresh look. i like that about it. keep on writing!
Elizabeth Bilberry chapter 1 . 1/8/2006
Like that saying, hey, 'don't judge a book by its cover'. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 1/8/2006
Very unexpected ending. This was set up very well. Running through a somewhat ordinary scene into an unexpected sight, then an ending that seems kind of circular, and philosophical. Well done.