Reviews for scent of perfect
Sea Dreams And Moonbeams chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
Your choice of imagery is spectacular. I love the honeysuckle in the first line because it immediately employs the olfactory senses of the reader. And the next stanza with the yin and yang horizon line has such a graceful simplicity to it. I think anyone reading this poem is thinking of a certain person in their life and their scent. I want this poem in a bottle. lol.

And the last two lines are only too true.
tonight we bloom chapter 1 . 7/20/2009
This one has GORGEOUS description!

Especially the first stanza, I loved it!

Keep up the good work.
Lucid Nonsense chapter 1 . 5/20/2006
Very nice, well done.
Icatora chapter 1 . 5/1/2006
*Laughs* I love the poem! It's detailed, descriptive and full of lovely imagery, makes me laugh at the end. Oh so true, those boys and their axe. Lovely.
ScarletDreamer chapter 1 . 4/8/2006
That was so sweet, and then it just got funny, but it was still sweet! Heehee. Aww...I love this poem. You're a great writer :) Keep up the amazing work!
Jezsh chapter 1 . 3/13/2006
m how gorgeous. I loved best the 3rd and 4th stanzas. So evocative, lustful and loving, yearning and rejoicing. Great piece.
Vyvyan chapter 1 . 2/17/2006
Lovely. I adore the last bit...my boyfriend wears Axe...
Sarah-Brighteyes chapter 1 . 2/12/2006
What great imagery here... the descriptions of a boy becoming a man in subtle ways is amazing. At least that is the picture I got in my mind.

I loved the lines, "he smells like the hundred acre wood,thick musk swimming in your nosenatural, wild, freeman in paris,man in the forest,tarzan in the jungle"

Beautiful... from boy to man... from innocence to the exotic. Erotic piece.

Great writing Lover.

Bravo.
boob chapter 1 . 2/3/2006
heartsthelastline.

finally: a line of poetry i understand and can relate to.
sarah1491 chapter 1 . 1/26/2006
I live the similies you use :)
finger on the trigger chapter 1 . 1/23/2006
oh. i fell in love. in love with the last line: "make it last before he puts on axe". it made me smile & chuckle inside. & the smells...ah the smells! you sure make me wonder.
Love in the Roses chapter 1 . 1/23/2006
I shouldn't review this cause I don't have words. But I want to.

It is so, so, so, so beautiful, sad, contradictory, thought provoking, natural, TRUE.

MY fave lines are:he smells like a manthe smell of a man on a boy &yin and yang horizon linethe curve of the world

Damn, you're awesome!
the naked civil servant chapter 1 . 1/22/2006
oh... "yin and yang horizon linethe curve of the world". this was SO AMAZING, beautiful, empathic, sad, regretful, quiet, euphoric, mesmerizing... "he smells like under the covers"...
classic violet chapter 1 . 1/20/2006
Vivid. The imagery is astounding. Magnificent!
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 1/15/2006
I loved the organic beauty of this - you actually made the feel of summer into a poem, I applaud you. “Yin and yang horizon line” I love that line! “Man in Paris, man in the forest,” I like the condition of that line - when you think of men in Paris you think of black clothed lovers with smooth hands (or at least I do) lovers who love you more with words and caresses. Where as men in forests are primal, lust filled, throw you up against a tree kind of love. I think though, that in all men there is both versions, some more showy then others but usually both. And I liked the way that you ended it as well; his natural scent before he did anything to himself to change it. The natural pungent odor that makes all us girls stand up and take notice. Wonderful piece, I loved it. Keep up the good work.

Much love,Juliet.