Reviews for Coffee House Blues
FuzzyGrapes chapter 1 . 9/11/2006
Three words: I love this.

::favs::
Black and White Dreams chapter 1 . 6/22/2006
This is sweet! I love the first stanza. Beautiful job.

*::Cat::*
Leo Eigenmann chapter 1 . 6/2/2006
Wow, the topic seems surreal and the choice of words as well. I like your directness in poetry writing.
Thyrt chapter 1 . 5/28/2006
your imagery is excellentbravo
Smoky Bear chapter 1 . 4/3/2006
love the blues... love coffee... really cool poem, well depicted.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 2/26/2006
I love the whole coffee house thing.. it's unique and awesome I love the artificial sweetness thing... very well done
Carp chapter 1 . 2/16/2006
"The world spins with the swirl of your spoon Dispersing sweetness (artificial of course)"

A metaphor...and so true. You don't use too much description, but just enough so the reader and let his/her imagination run through. :)
button-nose chapter 1 . 2/13/2006
i love the idea behind this...my fav was: teacup clatter of faceless strangers...i felt it really set the mood for this and definitly painted a picture in my mind. I love it well done!

button nose x x
chaos called creation chapter 1 . 1/21/2006
Now this makes me hungry. I love the first stanza and 'teacup clatter of faceless strangers' You can really imagine the setting in this. Well done
classic violet chapter 1 . 1/20/2006
Wow. Symbolic. Mesmerizing.

"Teacup clatter of faceless strangers"

That just made my day. That line was so... just, amazing. Unbelievabley amazing. Great job!
shinku-kitsune chapter 1 . 1/20/2006
You said a lot but left a lot to the imagination - this poem could mean a number of things to different people, I think, but it still retains the mournful undertone. _ I liked it.
diesoz chapter 1 . 1/14/2006
I know the feeling you're talking about. We have a "coffee house" thing at our school once a month and that's about how I feel. It's really good. I like it a lot.
Aslan Israel chapter 1 . 1/14/2006
M tasty... I do so love my coffee. And I love the image you present here; just lovely.
mizu no kokoro chapter 1 . 1/14/2006
i liked the images that spring up from this poem it has almost a slight jazzy feel to it good work

keep writing!
The-Original-Neko chapter 1 . 1/14/2006
wow it is different ut it seem so pretty