Reviews for In the Shadow of Obsidian Empire
SouledChampion chapter 15 . 1/27/2006
Wow, you're updating pretty frequently, lol. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. ;) The chapter was pretty short, but it definitely set the ball in motion for a lot of things, such as Cindy making the squad and Karen starting her campaign against Kaitlyn. Intentional or not, I still love the HP-parallel, and actually, I did assume the story was set in the States in the beginning, lol, until you mentioned Alberta in the story. Can't wait for the next update. Hopefully we'll get a little more Kaitlyn/Ash action? ;)
Alisha chapter 14 . 1/27/2006
WoW okay First off I want to tell you that you are absolutely awesome for writing a story set in Canada. We simply don't get enough recognition you know - shout out to the earlier reviewer. LOL irealized halfway through the story that we were in Canada! I live in Ontario by the way, just moved out of TO. Your story is great! It has a great plot and very interesting characters. When I say that you had 14 chapters updated all in this month i totally freaked. Then i realized you already had it written. Also, I LOVE the name Ashton. I mean it isnt really hot like Devon...or Trent...or...well...Jason...its still a really attractive name. LOL im a crazy girl.I hate Aunt Patty...her cousin and family remind me of Harry Potter too! I LOVE harry potter. um...i think i've started rambling so ill shut story!

w00t for Canadians.

-Alisha
SouledChampion chapter 14 . 1/27/2006
First off, gotta give you props for representing Canada. ;) I'm a TO girl myself, but all the same, it's nice to read a story that's set in my fair homeland. :)

Second off, I absolutely LOVE this story so far. I love everything about it. I love Kaitlyn's biting wit and how she is both tough and vulnerable at the same time. I *adore* Ash, and Paiton and Linc are my next favourite characters. There is always at least one time in each chapter that I want to smack Cindy or Aunt Patty, and I hope Kaitlyn runs Karen into the ground. Karen should feel so sorry that she ever thought about messing with Kaitlyn.

The relationship between Kaitlyn and her aunt and uncle remind of the relationship between Harry Potter and his relatives, which I love. I love that how even though her aunt, uncle, and evil bitch of a cousin are trying their hardest to bring her down, she won't give up and she won't stay down. I love that attitude.

With all that said, I know you just updated today, but I hope you update again soon, because I'm dying to see what happens between Kaitlyn and Ash (I love how their friendship is progressing - the quiz from the magazine was brilliant, by the way), and what happens between Karen and Kaitlyn. And, of course, how the musical turns out and what events will unfold by the time opening night arrives. I've no doubt that by then, Kaitlyn and Ash will have that kissign scene down pat. ;)

Looking forward to another update,SouledChampion
ShadowYellowEyes chapter 14 . 1/27/2006
Ah. Gotcha. I forgot about that. yet it is a little confusing... When you edit it, that could be something to think about.
happyeverafter chapter 14 . 1/27/2006
Great chapter, I'm really happy that you're updating so often
Hydie chapter 14 . 1/27/2006
Yay! she told Ash!
ShadowYellowEyes chapter 12 . 1/26/2006
"Ash shrugged and looked away. "Did it live up to your father's version?"" Um, when did he know that Kaitlyn's dad is part of Obsidian Empire?

Have I totally missed something, or did I catch something you threw in unintentionally, or was it intentional?

I'm confused...

I'm just gonna wait it out.
Juniper Nights chapter 13 . 1/26/2006
awesome job with the chapter...:) cant wait to read the next one
happyeverafter chapter 13 . 1/26/2006
Another great chapter, This is kind of a cindarella tale (okey maybe I'm late at notising this), because Aunt Patty is just as bad as the evil stepmom...
Moop1 chapter 12 . 1/26/2006
Me again. Keep updating as fast as this its great :D i have one question to ask. Are guys relli as forward as this in America? coz they sure aren't in England lolYou might be proud to know you made me late for college on one occasion coz i was reading ur stoy lolso keep it up i'm loving it :DBex x
bummertime chapter 12 . 1/25/2006
jesus christ these people are vicious&&malicious. but i love it. cause its cute. )
Hydie chapter 12 . 1/25/2006
And it keeps getting better and better!
happyeverafter chapter 12 . 1/25/2006
Great chapter. By the way, maybe I got it wrong, but I got the impression that Kaitlyns parents had lived in the town when they were younge, if so they would have know that Aunt Patty was kaitlyns mothers sister. I base this on what you wrote about when kaitlyn talked with Jasons mother (you also said that Ash had gotten the guitar from Kaitlyn father, and something about him living in the house that she lives in now) I think that's about all the things I can think of. Anyway just so you know I really really like this story.
bummertime chapter 1 . 1/24/2006
i like it. )ah nanowrimo my friend sent me her story for what she 're all really good.i like the first you break 50K?
Hydie chapter 11 . 1/24/2006