Reviews for Travellers of the Night
Narq chapter 11 . 4/26/2009
Okay, this is my final review for the moment.

I loved the description of the hooded woman and I wonder what significance she has in this story, or if she's merely a bypasser - highly unlikely because you've dedicated a whole paragraph to her. Hm...

This was a wondeful read and I will get back to the story. Just one last question before I leave - is the story finished?

Narq chapter 10 . 4/26/2009
I must say i was disappointed that this wasn't Rafael's POV. I was so excited to see what happened. But no worries, this was good as well. It adds tension to the whole story.

Narq chapter 9 . 4/26/2009
Uhh! WHat happened? NEXT CHAPTER!
Narq chapter 8 . 4/26/2009
Limbo again! I am getting the gist of your story. It is an interesting way of expressing your characters.

Narq chapter 7 . 4/26/2009
Ah... now you explain the three things... but you've only talked about two! Where is the third?

Also, maybe this is not significant in the story, but I am curious - how did Rafael become a vampire?

Narq chapter 6 . 4/26/2009
This is a beautiful little bit: "Eventually her struggles cease as that of a doomed animal trapped by a beast of prey. Its life force leaves it, and stillness remains. The air hangs heavy for the predator. The crystal silence is broken by her weeping."

I am confused though, what "third"? Is this something I missed in the previous chapters? And oh, I guessed correctly, Camilla is a vampire!

Narq chapter 5 . 4/26/2009
Is Camilla a vampire also? You do give hints off that... but I do not know.

I liked the last bit with Sarah, the cat. This story is very interesting - it keeps me wanting to read although I actually should stop.

Narq chapter 4 . 4/26/2009
Ha! I am laughing at myself. Only now did I realise you've written the story in present tense and I must say you've don't a great job. No - great is an understantment.

When most people do present tense, it feels awkward and 'fake' (I've found that with myself too) but as I have experienced, you're present tense had gone unoticed until now... and that was because I was looking out for any tense mistakes! And NONE found so WONDREFUL work!

Narq chapter 3 . 4/26/2009
Just a thought, if this main character taught French from such a long time.. wouldn't the school feel it was weird that he hadn't.. you know, aged? Or am I reading too much into the text?

I really adored the way you decribed Lucinda. It was simply beautiful: "She trusts that I will protect her. I will not betray that trust. She trusts me and nothing else, and I think she is the only creature that exists or will ever exist that trusts me, and I her." and the child clinging to mother simile was breathtaking as well.

Narq chapter 2 . 4/26/2009
This is a very interesting part - and since I have no idea of the original story/movie/TV it was based on, I am having a little bit if trouble keeping pace but I think you've explained this pretty well.

I adored this phase: "I know I will someday defeat this restraint, and I will happily wade knee deep in his blood."

And this sentence stood out for me, I don't really get what you're hinting at, I suppose. "At least the cat and I look human" do you mean, as in human being? or in being human... er... a little word play here.. hope you geting what I"m meaning...anyways, thanks for reviewing my stuff and I thought I'd be here to return some wonderful reviews!

Narq chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
I was going to read another of your The Bane of Rendsberg stories but unfortuately it turned up as an warning link so I came here instead.

Just wondering, this whole thing is a confession right? and so there is only one person speaking. If this is so, then it's fine.

A good start to a promising story!

Sentance Winder chapter 1 . 1/25/2008
I must say this chapter is well written, i didnt expect a ending like that personally. THis may seem like a general response but you have an excellent writing ability something i need :). I like how the main character comes to regret his decision in the end and it ends up saving him, i like those sort of things. I'm not normally one for vampire tales but this has peaked my interest so i'll read on.
Jesse Colton chapter 6 . 1/3/2008
Cool, the plot is thickening. By the way, I'm beginning to notice a growing similarity between Camilla and Dorothea.

You really have her character down. Her ruthless instincts and wit tell her to toy with poor Lucinda and stalk her, frighten her and make her insanity probably worsen, but the compassion in her leads her to apologize and admit that she threatens more than she means. I like her character so far.

Great chapter, as usual. I'll review the next soon.
Jesse Colton chapter 5 . 1/3/2008
I continue to identify more and more with Dorothea. I really the dreamer aspect of her character, and I've a feeling some very interesting things are going to happen to her.

I also like the way that she reaches out to Maria, as one who is lonely and lives in a fantasy world (I've been there, it's not that great) tends to do when they find a companion.

Again, a chapter that kept me interested, and really growing attached to the character of Dorothea. Onward I go.
Jesse Colton chapter 4 . 1/3/2008
Oh, I do like Dorothea. She's a lot like me I have to say, especially with that doing two things at once.

Camilla is becoming a more and more interesting character, I love her description as being elegant.

I also love the way everyone speaks with such dignity and class.

My only complaint in the story so far is that both Camilla in Dorothea tell their story in a way that's different from the first two. I mean grammatically. I don't remember the literary name for it, but they speak in past tense while using present tense references (i.e. "I grin as a reply" or "I frown at her") I don't mean that to sound rude at all, I'm sorry if it did. Although I'm sure it's purely to do with the dialect of the individual characters rather than grammatical error, I get the feeling you're far too good for that.

Another great chapter, looking forward to reading the next.
65 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »