Reviews for celestial bodies
boys kiss girls chapter 1 . 2/20/2006
I've never thought of it like that before. Wow.
the Stranger in the moonlight chapter 1 . 2/9/2006
Wow. Intresting how you mention biblical seams when you speak of either sex or childbirth. Very interesting.

Soncerely,

the Stranger in the moonlight.
Gilee7 chapter 1 . 1/31/2006
Okay, now THIS one is definately about sex, right?

-and rip out / the biblical seams / of morality- Probably my favorite lines, even though the poem is really short and I thought every line was bitingly powerful.

-with new life bleeding / between the sheets.- Okay, is it just me, or is this does not totally bring along an image of a virgin just deflowered. A broken hymenfirst timeblood on sheets. And you even throw in "between" like "between her legs." Perhaps I'm a pervert, but that's what I see.

And sticking with that, I saw this whole poem as two young Christians giving in and having sex for what appears to be the very first time (but certainly not the last!). I know many so-called Christians who go to church every Sunday and quote the Bible and talk about God and praying and all this stuff; they try and be so "good" and yet they have sex a couple times a week and see nothing wrong with it. While reading the Bible so often they must somehow skip over the many parts that discuss waiting until marriage. That's what this poem made me think of, but I could be way, way off. But even if I am, that means your poem is ambiguous and can be translated in different ways to different people, which only makes it even better.

This is one of my favorites by you. And I think it has the best rhythm of any poem I've read by you so far.
just a teardrop chapter 1 . 1/16/2006
wow! this is a great piece! every line is perfect. nice job!
JR Gringo chapter 1 . 1/15/2006
Wow...I'm speechless, just...wow. Your morals conflicting with everybody else's views of the Right Religion? Or maybe you support that Right Religion and feel angry/ashamed of the desecrating heathens? Good right, even if I dunno what it really means:)
review chapter 1 . 1/15/2006
O_o its kinda deep. but its got something biting to it. powerful. and incredible. i dunno what it is, but its good.
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 1/15/2006
The sound in this is wonderful. This really echoes after you're done reading it. Good work.
randompoetry chapter 1 . 1/15/2006