Reviews for Indigo Inspiration
empathic life chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
I love the imagery, even if I have no idea what that poem was trying to say. I definitely like the last pair of lines best... Actually, the whole second half is better than the first, in my opinion... I think it's more complex imagery... Doesn't rely so much on the contradiction/opposite deal (that's probably my most used device ever, so I just find it rather repetitive in other people's work... So it's probably perfect, to most people. XD )

I can't believe I never reviewed this one. But even if you're not writing anymore, it was a pleasant surprise to find some untasted poetry by you, darling.
Twilight Starr chapter 1 . 1/9/2008
Great poem. Lovely title. Nice work.

Twilight Starr
WyrdWolf chapter 1 . 7/1/2006
The pairing of lines was the perfect format for this. Amazing what poetry you can make in the aftermath of a midterm, expecially science. *shudders in turn* Woot!
Revinita chapter 1 . 3/3/2006
Well, I'm not exactly happy, but still...

A wonderful piece, wonderfully crafted

and thank-you for your review.
wildwolffree17 chapter 1 . 1/31/2006
This poem evoked an interesting mood—until you ruined it with the author’s note at the end.

And I agree about the midterms.
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 1/30/2006
You develop this really well. The placement and pauses that your format creates keeps the sigh in this. Very well written.
swaggering curses chapter 1 . 1/26/2006
You have good metaphors, but there's so many of them and they are so disjointed that it's hard to figure out what you're getting at. You as the author might know what you mean, but for the reader, it's a pain. Personally, I'm not fond of how you broke up your poetry into such choppy lines - it doesn't read well; you're tempted to stop after "lost is the / fiery temptress" and it just sounds strange. Like I said, though, I do like your word choice and diction, but maybe you could concentrate on making it a little more focused and clear? ) Keep writing!
With Rhyme and Reason chapter 1 . 1/26/2006
This poem is a good example of why nothing should ever come "straight from the soul." All literature should be filtered. If you read through this as the reader (and NOT the author) you might realize that a lot of your ideas and images are half-formed and incoherent. You do have good images (like the feverish maiden, and the knight with the sword) but in my opinion, you don't play them out to all they're worth. When you let your soul vomit poetry and then don't edit it at all, you end up with a mangled pile of words.

Thanks for the review; you're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to mine.
sarah1491 chapter 1 . 1/22/2006
this is amazing! It is so good I am almost speechless :P wow, keep up the excellent work! _
Katherine chapter 1 . 1/19/2006
Well, my review got really cut off. But, I hafta continue. I think my computer screwed that one up for me so sorry about that. What I was saying was that I love how deep it all sounds. And how descriptive it is. And how you have a really unique way of writing. Good job and keep up the great work!

PS I love the bit at the end. Way ironic. Plus, I will one day post my fanfic on when I finish the story. When. Ha. But I can send you the prologue for a taste of it. (That's because I have no clue where I'm taking the storyline.)
brokendreams21 chapter 1 . 1/19/2006
Wow! That was an amazing poem. (
just a teardrop chapter 1 . 1/17/2006
lol ur AN made me laugh! i like this, some nice imagery and an interesting format. great job!