Reviews for Hope Died Last Night
with.You.in.mind chapter 1 . 1/14/2007
I liked it. I really did. I guess the feeling is a little impalpable.. Enough that I can't really describe what I like about it. I like it, though. Great stuff. :]
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 4/18/2006
I like the mixture of concrete and abstract imagery. Again, the tone works well with the theme presented. You create a very classical voice in some that i've read so far. Very difficult to achieve this tone-voice and come up with a work that sounds so well. Very well written. Good work.
trash can art chapter 1 . 1/18/2006
I enjoyed this a lot, but I think you circled back to 'And Hope died last night' a little too often. I suggest you keep it down to two, one in the first stanza and one in the last.

I liked how you gave Hope a personal feel. Good job.

Overall, nicely done.
Shadowhound chapter 1 . 1/18/2006
i am curious as to what caused you to write this poem. most things that people write are caused by some emotions they remember or feel when they have a pencil or a keyboard. I am curious as to what you were thinking when you wrote this. the poem gives me a very good idea, but my ideas have been wrong before. sorry for my rambling. Good poem.

Shadowhound
Draven DarkCrow chapter 1 . 1/18/2006
Beautifully written.

Draven.
Andrew Bowman chapter 1 . 1/17/2006
I like some of the metephors that you used in your poetry, but I dont think that you fully described that hope died last night.

Kind of ironic that you just published that at 1:22am.

Hope is something that is hard to grasp, but once you do, hold on to it and never let it go. Dont trade the white for black.

BTW. Exploit the feeling of darkblack in any revisions that you do of this poem.

Keep Writing. Its always nice to see a realist in a sea of sharks.