Reviews for A poem on Pride and Prejudice
Guest chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
It's wonderful
TJ chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
I really love this poem! Good Job! I am reading the book right now, and this sums it up!
Anonymous chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
This was a really good poem which I thought captured the story very well. I mostly liked the use of quotes from the book, it made it all the more real. Very nice job.
CRaZy-OdIN chapter 1 . 8/14/2006
admitedly I have not read Pride & Pedjucide, but I think it's a really good piece telling the story really well and expressing the charaters feelings and situations well. Keep it up. x
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 1 . 7/13/2006
Oh! My favorite! I am deeply in love with Darcy, whom I esp view synonymously with Colin Firth! Ah, my favorite. :)
FromAFriendInTheShadows chapter 1 . 3/18/2006
I loved it! You are very good. Bravo
Selena Brudi chapter 1 . 3/13/2006
I love Pride and Prejiduce, one of my all-time favorite books, and I can honestly say, this does that scene justice. You can understand the feelings that Darcy is going through, you see both sides of the story, but, for me, I tend to side towards the side of Darcy, he just seems so heartbroken to me... but perhaps I'm prejiduced... I love anything to do with the book, so... yeah... but anyways, I think you did a really good job. keep up the good work!

Mythical Luver
Elizabeth Ebony chapter 1 . 1/22/2006
Oh,god,this is beautiful! i have read the book and you really have done it justice! rhyming too! I think I'll go before I start rambling,lol.
Wing Chant chapter 1 . 1/21/2006
I've never read Pride and Prejudice or any of Jane Austien's novels, but I hear they are quite good and I plan to read one as soon as I pay off my overdue library fees! Haha! The overall poem seemed to do the book justice, seeing asI know what the plotline is for Pride and Prejudice, but I'm not really the best person to critique it. o_o It was good for me! So, I guess that's all that really matters!

Kayla :)
gitana chapter 1 . 1/20/2006
'Allo! I was going to email you but you don't have one posted in your profile... hence, here I am. Nice poem by the way. I always have loved those beginning lines! Yes, I am a devoted Austen fan; I've read every single one of her novels several times over and am currently working on her novellas. Pride and Prejudice is definitely my favorite, of course; who could resist Darcy, really?

Yes, I have also read Oliver Twist, as well as many others by the author (Nicholas Nickleby is one of my absolute favorites, as is David Copperfield; I plan on tackling A Tale of Two Cities once I've finished the Austen novellas!)

Question for you: have you read Cyrano de Bergerac? If you haven't, then go borrow it from your library! It's the best thing since sliced bread, promise. : )

No, I'm not Muslim, but I highly respect all religions (to the point where some of my friends are prone to rolling their eyes when I go on one of my be-tolerant tirades). I feel like I've always had good Muslim friends, so when anyone in my (very conservative, gung-ho, let's-kick-some-Middle-Eastern-*ss) town says anything insulting or derogatory, I tend to get very upset. : )

And thanks! I'm glad you liked Redshift II; most of my poems don't have lines that short, but I just felt it helped convey the stilted, uncertain mood of the piece. Please feel free to review more! *goofygrin* Yes I am shamelessly advertising myself... ahh, joy.

Anyway, once again let me commend this poem; I don't usually go in for the whole rhyming, specific rhythm thing (all of mine are blank verse), but this really is well done. Brava!

The Hyacinth Girl
Aquafied chapter 1 . 1/18/2006
oh.i need to read this book nowi am inspirednice poem