Reviews for fireflies
VELVETxKISSES chapter 1 . 5/31/2006
you might not like this poem but i do, it's got kind of a carefree way of writing to it, but the poem itself means so much more than the way it's written.

*Skyeemail me, we'll chat.
The Fourth Fate chapter 1 . 2/17/2006
I love how that last part rhymes. Just amazing. haha I say that every time but it's true. I love fireflies and how they work into this poem.
shes toxic chapter 1 . 1/29/2006
I can't see why you don't like this. I think it's wonderful.
in theory chapter 1 . 1/23/2006
That last stanza is so sensational. And autumn-boy eyes (I have those I think, at least it sounds better than muddy, confused green). Formatting feels more natural in this btw, compared to one of your recent ones (I think it was "or something like that." Lots better. Keep it up :)
classic violet chapter 1 . 1/20/2006
Magical. I loved this!
Cordelia Riordan chapter 1 . 1/19/2006
Wow, this is really good. I especially liked the symbolism in it.
Plinky chapter 1 . 1/19/2006
Firefly lies is really lovely... fun to say.

Nice poem. XD
none of burt's beeswax chapter 1 . 1/18/2006
I adore the last stanza: "(there were firefly lies/in your eyes when we set them/free/so baby/why won't you do the same for/me?). I love the image of "the tequila on his sweet-talk tongue" as well.
account not in use chapter 1 . 1/18/2006
4th & 5th stanza did me in. I've been reading poem after poem, trying to find the ideas in my heart on paper because I can't write them (it would kill me) and I've found it-the pina nad the acceptance and the ohpleaseletmego that I get from this. My god.
sloppy firsts chapter 1 . 1/18/2006
The phrase 'firefly lies' is very pretty. Keep it up.
Nicole Michele chapter 1 . 1/18/2006
I like it..it's really pretty and flows well!
Aquafied chapter 1 . 1/18/2006
ah, well your work is always magnificent.

you mention tinkerbelle a like me and water thougheveryone has their thing.
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 1/18/2006
The voice in this, as always, speaks out boldly. Lines like, "there wouldn't be ripped-wing promises", use this self-empowered voice to come across distinctly. Interesting read.
a lonely september chapter 1 . 1/18/2006
i like this, brought back tons of memories. lovely.