Reviews for Frozen Sunset
The Breakdancing Ninja chapter 1 . 7/26/2006
The Breakdancing Ninja gives this a 4 out of 5 for thought provocation.

I just read the haiku, “Maybe I’m Alone” before I read this one, and I see how closely they’re related. I happened to like this one a lot, though. The idea of the sun being bright but cold reminds me of Venus from our point on earth. It’s there, but it brings no warmth. I think there’s also a Cowboy Bebop song like that called, “The Singing Sea”, and it hosts a bunch of paradoxes like: “The Singing Sea/ The Talking Tree/ are silent in a noisy way/ The stars are bright/ but give no light/ The world spins backward everyday”. I was reminded of that. I think the sun looks most cold on a cloudy or rainy day, where you could actually stare at it because all it is is a big bright white-looking circle.

I think “cloudy” could replace “frozen” easily and gather more meaning. When I think of frost on a window pane, I think of Ebenezer Scrooge watching somebody’s family have a nice dinner while he’s sitting out in the biting cold. Maybe that’s what living in the world and viewing the world looks like to a lonely person.
theory of black chapter 1 . 7/9/2006
Being in the current frame of mind that I'm in, I'm chosing to see this one with a hint of pessimism. I like it.
Amethyst Horizon chapter 1 . 5/15/2006
i really like this one! i especially love what you wrote at the end- i agree; i don't want to be lonely either, just alone...beautiful!
Safira chapter 1 . 1/26/2006
The simplest images of life can be the most thought provoking of all, as your haiku demonstrates. Although not exactly a part of your haiku, I loved your reference to Silverchair’s song, “Across the Night”.

Never seen the sunshine, from higher points than sunrise – Autumn.
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 1/24/2006
Interestingly abstract and concrete at the same time. Last two lines are wonderful. Good write.