Reviews for World of Arven
Frayling0 chapter 2 . 9/16/2009
Awesome... know tons more about the Gods know. I love thinking of fictional religions, and designing deities is especially fun. Good work on this, informative but never boring. Luke
Frayling0 chapter 1 . 9/14/2009
Wow never saw this before! Great to find out some more Arven information, it will do until Circles is finally updated ;) Otherwise great work, in an informative yet interesting tone. Luke. P.S new Time of Kings chappies to read.
Kalista Jia chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
wow such detail and description! How many hours did you spend coming up with all these! Certainly is interesting. wow.
Alteng chapter 2 . 1/23/2009
Okay, got through this one.

Again this is an interesting take on the gods and their duties. It seems that there are more 'good' races than normal, but if each god has a specific race, then that would make sense.

I did find it odd on some of the animals for the gods. A nightingale is usually associated with music and having the most beautiful song. I can see the point of her being a warrior, because in many forms of writing there is the war dance.

The butterfly for Chantel seems to be kind of extragant for a goddess of commoners and farmers. I realize that you have the bison for the minotaur god, but a heifer seems to be an useful animal, because she gives milk, meat, and material for clothes in the end.

I know, keep my opinion to myself. :D

Again, this is an interesting to know piece.
Alteng chapter 1 . 1/23/2009
I have this one and one more to read through, then you get added to my alert list.

This just reminded me of some of the things that I had forgotten while reading Circles of Arven.

Yes, I see the connection with the hierarchy with The Silmarillon, because you had Illuvater, then the Valar, and the Maiar. I also got the Fafnir reference. I have a Fafnir in Qust for the Purple Unicorn. I thought it a good name for a red dragon.

It has been a long time since I had seen or read anything with the Lodoss war. All I can remember is wanting to see Deedlit on a spittel. I am not much of an elf fan.

This was interesting in seeing where things come from.
VelvetyCheerio chapter 2 . 1/13/2009
Interesting. You have a unique voice when explaining things and I really like reading it. Good work with this. I particularly liked Hiram, I guess cause of what he's known best for. Well, it was nice nonetheless.

Velvet.
VelvetyCheerio chapter 1 . 1/13/2009
Well, what a nice way to find out about everything in the world of Arven. I sort of wish that the dragons weren't sealed, that would be so cool, if Azuren had found one or something. Maybe later? Hmm.

Velvet.
Narq chapter 2 . 12/8/2008
I can see you've put a lot into this, but I'm wondering when you'll start the main story huh? *wink*

Narq.
Narq chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
WOW! your writing style reminds me of T.R. Tolkien... MY FAVOURITE WRITER!

Narq.
anti-climax chapter 1 . 8/14/2006
ah, a fellow christian fantasy fan! i have to say, good job on this world description; it really clarifies plenty of your ideas

Oh, and thanks for your reviews on Crimson. Lol, i'm glad you think Ares is a bad-ass hero; in some ways he is like your Reyn character in wolfblood i guess..

Keep up the good work btw..
free-to-dream15 chapter 2 . 5/31/2006
wow! This was very creative to put all the Gods in here/talk about them. I think that they were very interesting to read about! I think I like Eldryth the most! update soon!
faerie-gumdrops chapter 2 . 5/25/2006
Very useful stuff, especially as there are so many of the Gods. At points when they come up in CoA, now I'll know where to go to get some additional info (I have the memory of a fish with amnesia!) anyway, interesting stuff here, I like all of the details about what their sacred animals represent etc. Which one of the God's did you most enjoy creating, by the way? Just interested! I like all of info about how they were inspired too.
umeko chapter 2 . 5/25/2006
You have a lot of traditional and classical elements thrown in a very good mix. I can identify the Greek, Norse and Celtic influences that happen to be in most fantasy genre tales.
Shadowhound chapter 2 . 5/24/2006
It looks like you've put a lot of thought into this. It seems like you put an interesting pantheon together, I can't help but wonder how they act towards each other. Good luck with involving more of your pantheon into your story. Speaking of which, I hope to see more of the story sometime soon.

Shadowhound
Mosaic Stains chapter 1 . 4/7/2006
Well...Hum...I don't want to lie, so I'll write that in accidentally finding you. The books cool, so far. But I think I'll just stick to wolfblood.