Reviews for Luka & Shoe
Anonymous chapter 15 . 8/29/2009
In your first chapter Shoe and Luka met at age 8 not age 7?
akaCHEEKS chapter 19 . 8/19/2009
i honestly love the pace of the story. and let me just say that natalie is really creepy. hey, i have a cousin named natalie and she rubs me in the wrong way that this natalie does too. what a coincidence. i think i am forever wary about people who are named natalie now. and about wolf. that girl really is very suspicious. but then again, it just might be his sister? yeah?
Delano chapter 19 . 8/3/2009
Personally, I found pride and prejudice and zombies a bit eh, even though I was absolutely psyched to read it. There are, however, lots of zombies. :D

Speaking of psyched, I'd been dropping in on your story intermittently, and I was absolutely delighted to see Wolfgang's last name.

Wow, I thought to myself. That's totally my name.

And then, glancing through author notes, it hit me.

I am so honored. :) belatedly.

Your writing is still fresh and funny, your characters charismatic and multi-faceted, and the plot interesting. Hope you keep updating, I can't wait to read more.
AOK chapter 10 . 8/2/2009
So, um, I couldn't help noticing that in this chapter, Luka feeds the cat twice in the same go. After it wakes him up from that interesting dream, I mean. The part reads, "He gets up and feeds the cat and then wanders around more in the kitchen, knowing he won’t get back to sleep after a dream like that. He browses through the contents of the fridge, finding, to his amusement, several unopened things he bought together with Shoe when her mother came. Then he takes out the cat food and feeds the cat." So he does it twice, apparently. Was this intentional? Like, Luka gets up TO feed the cat, and maybe he gets distracted wandering around the kitchen or something, and then goes to feed the cat finally. I don't know.

That aside, I have to say I'm really enjoying this. I found it through the SKOW web site. It's really different from other romance stories I've read, very original and down-to-earth. I love that. And I love, love, love the name Luka. It seems to fit, somehow. :) Also, the humor I find in this guarantees I end up smiling at least once a chapter, despite whatever circumstances; Luka and Shoe are just so dry and witty in each other's company. It's glorious.

Now please excuse me while I go and read the rest, haha. I had to catch the cat-feeding snag while I was thinking about it, rather than move on and forget it. Everything that came after it was just everything I was going to say when I got to the end of the current updates. :) I'm very glad to be reading this.
blueskywillow chapter 8 . 8/2/2009
Ok so I'm reading this chapter and its taking me an hour because my battery keeps dying cus my adapter is broke then I read ur a/n and thats what has happened to u writing it. Its one of those freaky moments in life that i just had 2 tell u about it lol
namegame chapter 3 . 7/29/2009
I just started reading this, and it's fantastic so far. Thanks for posting it!
Nighttime Blues chapter 19 . 7/28/2009
I love love LOVE this story. I have just re-discovered it and I'm so glad I have.

Also, I really want to read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Tell me if it's good?
Rosmarina chapter 19 . 7/27/2009
I really enjoy your writing. The stolen sunset from the airplane window imagery was so lovely and used to nice effect. Looking forward to reading more!
chapsticklips chapter 19 . 7/23/2009
Yay! I was so excited when I got an email saying the story had been updated (although it's taken me days to re-read the last few chapters as I've had to work) but oh no, I see trouble in paradise, and definately a first couple fight! Ep! I so can't wait for the next chapter. Luka and Shoe are so adorable, if I knew them I would just want to third-wheel them all the time..
lbbabey chapter 19 . 7/22/2009
Fantastic new chapter. I really enjoyed it and I especially enjoyed your comment in your author's notes about "problematizing" relationships. I think the two different approaches offered by romance novels and shoujo manga or writings of a similar nature allow for people to get at different aspects of relationship. It's been a while since I've started reading but I feel like the way you've addressed the issue of friendship turning into something more really straddles the border of fantastical romance and hard cold reality. With many romance pieces, it's easy for the romantic relationship to in some ways overshadow the people who are involved in it. If the romantic relationship doesn't work then the whole story can lose its appeal.

Personally, I feel that even if Luka and Shoe don't work out than that this story will still hold up. I honestly hope that that doesn't happen.. but yeah...

Also, the pacing of the plot does seem kind of off. The slow paced interludes usually go together well with the moderate pace of the main storyline. In this chapter, however, the contrast between the two is almost jarring. It isn't necessarily a bad thing because it indicates that something major is going to happen. I feel like the pacing in some respects reflects the complex natures of the characters: contemplative, forthright, and a bit collegiate. It seems like the last few chapters have started from somewhere else if you know what I mean. I think an easy way to place the story back on track is to just pick up from where Shoe's thoughts trailed off in this chapter.

Have fun with the next chapter. I'm sure it'll be a shocker.
Stuck in Silver chapter 19 . 7/22/2009
Great story! Shoe's adorable.
Tsed chapter 19 . 7/22/2009
reread your story yet again:)and i had to control myself be4 I choked on my laughter when Shoe went,"baise-moi" hihi ignorance is bliss...pls pls pretty pls update soon
noriepie chapter 19 . 7/21/2009
so depressing,

especially after my own depressing morning.

can u make the next chapter more cheery?
Mooony chapter 19 . 7/21/2009
URGH I so hate Gnat now! and so to wolf, he should just talk it out DX

Thnkx for the chapter! _
tour d'ivoire chapter 19 . 7/21/2009
Oh, every time you update, my heart sings. I can honestly say that your story is the only story that I've read that leaves me truly happy at the end of every chapter, regardless of the ending. That sounds weird, but just thinking about Shoe and Luke (SHOE AND LUKA) makes me smile. I love the relationships in this story, and how they're evolving seems so real, but not at the same time. And that's the best part.

Ah, amazing.