Reviews for Yesteryear in Venice
laughter at the funeral chapter 1 . 4/11/2006
wow, you must have really made an effort with the idea of this...i also like the line dreaming in the water...the line "drown in a gondola", although a powerful one at first glance, could be a confusing one when you think of it...gondola is a vessel right? i think that "drown with a gondola" is more appropriate...i also think that the line "And write me of sunshine," can be extended to a couple or three of more nouns...i think it would quite make an effect with that stanza suddenly ending with "but stay there"...well that's what i think...and pls, if you have the time, pls do review some of my poems...

truly yours...
Ellin Louise chapter 1 . 4/9/2006
I love the last line. I love the last two lines. I love references to photographs and pictures... not sure why... but I do... so you have scored points with me there.
Written chapter 1 . 3/29/2006
I LOVE the middle stanza. drown in a gondola, romance the waiter. perfect. It's so shocking and almost funny as caricature of romance in venice. It's just perfect.
Sarah-Brighteyes chapter 1 . 2/26/2006
O I love the reference to someone being in a far away country... a romance city to be exact.

Made your poem feel a bit exotic in a moody sort of way.

Very nice. I would have to say this is one of my favorites of yours so far. Excellent.

I think I am becoming addicted to your pieces. You have a nice flare of originality. I love it.
citrus scented chapter 1 . 2/6/2006
i love this, the sense of letting go... and of course the whole idea of venice is just so powerful. "sinking with the city"- wonderful line.
emmathree chapter 1 . 1/26/2006
Good God I love you.

This one sounds so... scornful.. Something that I haven't heard from you before -in your writing or in real life.

This one makes me smile, although I'm not sure why.

Maybe it's just cuz Venice rocks :p

Stuptactic work, as always.
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 1/24/2006
pretty, pretty, pretty: me loves.

* noelle
kvnchn chapter 1 . 1/24/2006
i don't read any imagery but i still got images... *blink blink* umm... am i just special that way? But ya! This rocks liek HECK!

{3\/1[]\[]
Prevaricate chapter 1 . 1/24/2006
Pretty.
The Red Queen04 chapter 1 . 1/24/2006
"Drown in a gondola" was a very shocking image. Shocking and therefore effective. Indeed your whole second stanza was quite good because you take cliched romantic imagery in a cliched romantic city and turn them on their head. Well done.

Cheers